PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible or worthwild?

Firehawk
03-18-2002, 08:42 PM
Wasn't sure if i should but this here or in the development section but i guess this is fine.

Has anyone though about writing code to develop a system of placeing "node points" in a zone? Kinda the same way as you do spawn points but really the only information it would hold is a single variable (ex. Node 1 or Node 4032). If you had that then i think it might be much easier to add in alot of other features (patrolling NPC's, boats, NPC's running away, in the long run even random text messages like "You feel cold" when moving deeper in a dungeon) and such because there would targets for them to move towards instead of just giving them coordinates which i think would be harder and i'm sure would take longer.

Not sure how hard it would be to code, or if it would be worth the effort just to save time later but it's a suggestion if no one's mentioned it already. Think it might save alot of time though and also make some harder features people are asking for a little easier to get working when the time comes.

Azaken
03-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Awesome idea firehawk. This post should be transfered over to the developers forum so it could get a little attention tho. Try posting it there :)

Patrick

Malevolent
03-29-2002, 02:18 AM
http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=939

Check out the above thread.

--MV

Lurker_005
03-30-2002, 07:30 PM
On the note about "you feel cold" I am not sure what/how the Emu team would go about this, but in real EQ they are invisable NPC's They even show up in ShowEQ spawn logs. Works fine as long as you keep the players from targeting, detecting the mob is there. Just script the it like mob dialog.

Another item for the dev team to think about/put somewhere on the list of things to do... is spawning items. Droped items, and ground spawns.