PDA

View Full Version : New tutorial is required...

danipunk
06-17-2003, 05:27 AM
I supose you know that the tutorials in this page are a little old fashioned.
I can't fiand no one who talks about version 0.4.4 or about MYSQL 4.0, and i don't know if this are going well.
I think they are going bad (at least in my pc), and i want to say to everyone that read it that a new tutorial is required!, with the new versions. If someone can explain it to me, and it goes well, i'll promise i can make the tutorial (if someone explains it to me (step-by-step please))

I have installed mysql 4.0.13-win, eqemu 0.4.4,with eqbackup00.zip and eqemu patcher. and eqemu admin tool 4.0

I need a tutorial to use this things.

longwide1
07-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Trying to setup a Tutorial while the patcher application is not "patching" is kindof pointless. People will endup with 1017 errors all day.

However...... Here are a couple of commands for the MYSQL that will help allot!!!

First mysql's website has a manual online... very useful.

When logging into the mysql.exe from the cmd prompt use this...

mysql.exe --user=root

Your access level is now high enough to use the grant permissions, and the SQL scripts.

"mysql.exe --user=root" and mysql --user=root works too....

That will get you out of the mysql access issues, however you'll have client side issues too..... however you can get around that by over writing some of the binaries list on the website. I was able to get it to work without the patch program, however, I'm running into all sort of fun, since I'm not really using the correct client.

Hopefully that helps someone.

-Hutch

tcsmyworld
07-06-2003, 08:56 PM
EqAdmin 4.0 is WAY outdated, I believe it's up to 4.7 now.
Not even sure if it will open the new DB's since they have fields and tables in the new DB that weren't even thought of when 4.0 came out.
As far as MySql , the new one is a real pain to get set up.
3.23.49 is easy to set up an use and I believe is still available.
As for the emulator itself , set up hasn't changed much and has documentation included in the zip.

Impaler
07-10-2003, 02:05 PM
hey i've been searching high and low for a 3.23.56 and lower on the MySQL and i can't find one... maybe i 'm just too stupid to see it. but i was wondering if someone could give me the link on that thing :) would deffinatlly appriciate it muches... :) DANKIE :D

Impaler Ironhand

Not man, Not Immortal, Just a figmint of your imagination.
-chris