PDA

View Full Version : Server is all set up on client computer.

cannonalldex
06-30-2003, 07:08 AM
playing on a client computer running eq on the same computer, with an internal ip address such as 192.168.2

first follow the directions on setting up a home network server. this will only work if you have set up your database completely
once you get the server showing on your server select you click the server and try to login and get the 1017 error.

you find your mysql.exe (should be in your "c:\mysql\bin" folder, if not then search for it.

on windows 98
click Start on your windows toolbar and go to find then search for files or folders. in the name box type mysql.exe (make sure where it says look in, that you have the C: local hard drive showing, or whatever your hard drive letter is) then hit enter.

windows xp
click start on your windows toolbar and then click on search, then click all files and folders. in the all or part of the file name: box type mysql.exe , (make sure where it says Look In: you have local hard drive C: showing. (or whatever your hard drive letter is)

you must type these out letter for letter and space for space. if you get an error, you have to look real close to make sure that you typed these commands letter for letter. one letter not in the right place will give you an error and won't work.
once you find your mysql.exe open it up and you should see mysql>

now type this:

use eq;

then hit enter

now type this:

INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200;

notice in step one there is only a space between USE and EQ.
notice in step two there is only a space between INSERT and INTO, INTO AND account, account and SET, SET and name. after that there is no spaces.
now open your world.exe and your boot5zones, then run your eqgame.exe thats in your eqemu everquest folder.

DONT FORGET to use eqemu as the name and password when logging into your game. Station Name: eqemu Station Password: eqemu = Connect.

this works for me time and time again. hope it works for you.

jenniferrose
10-17-2003, 06:06 PM
This thread is a life saver. Thank YOU.

Shadow-Wolf
11-28-2003, 05:01 AM
that will help alot when i can get in but i still get 1017 errors :(