PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done?

Krayz
06-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Can a Quest NPC give a player a bag full of items?

Not sure how this can be done, if it can be done. I figured you would have the NPC summons the items but not sure how the NPC would put them in the bag.

Or would you have to create a new item that is a bag full of the stuff?

Any clue if this can be done?

Thanks

Bigpull
07-01-2003, 10:03 AM
No it's not posible to fill a bag, what you may be able todo is summon multiple items consecutivly, i say may because i know theres a check if the client already has an item on thier cursor, and we really don't have anywhere to queue items for the cursor.

killspree
07-01-2003, 11:07 PM
It would be possible to create a quest command to place several items with PutItemInInventory()...not sure about bag+items in the bag though. But the PutItemInInventory definitely works.

EDIT: iirc, using this causes current items in those slots to be replaced by the items put in, unless this was fixed with a check recently.

Lurker_005
07-02-2003, 07:04 PM
I never checked this, but tradeskills ahould now allow more than 1 item to be returned. aka hammer and smithed item.

If there isn't a "cursor queue" used in tradeskills then we should try to get one made. The server knows what is on the cursor, but is that only updated when the player is saved? Is there a way to poll the players cursor for when it becomes empty, then add the next item to it?

killspree
07-02-2003, 07:51 PM
http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=9252 for the code to allow you to give a player a bag of items. It currently puts the items into the inventory of the player, but I'm sure you can put a bag on the cursor with items in it. Just not sure if you can place MULTIPLE bags, I believe like bigpull said above, that there is a check and you can only have one item on the cursor at a time in the emu right now.

Bigpull
07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
Yes it's posible to check when the cursor is clear and ready for the next item, remind me after the liveclient update is complete and it should be relativly simple to implement. Just need to add some stuff to Client::, a "hasitems_queued" and a "Queued_items[]".

Krayz
07-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Wow, outstanding everyone. Thanks for all the help and support. I love this Game. :)