PDA

View Full Version : List of Requests :)

Ariak
03-21-2002, 06:22 AM
1 - Log from ShowEQ with LOCS/STATS for all mobs of zones that the public wants implemented..

2 - Lifetaps are bugged. I think my Touch of Night completely heals me =/

3 - Haste doesn't work :)

4 - Mana-Tap does not work, at all.

5 - Dragon Skins! I only got three to work after 3+ hours of testing each one.

6 - Monstor AI... I want my warders and golems in ST to quad-attack and be able to use spell XYZ.

7 - Feign Death/Death Peace do not work :(

8 - Pet levels are not in DB, nor is their health/damage.

Just a list of stuff :)

aaron
03-23-2002, 08:52 AM
you can use #haste <haste%> for now :D

hogger
03-23-2002, 09:05 AM
Personally, I would rather see some more basic things for the emulator. My list would be more like this:

1. Combat.
2. Loot and the purchase/sale of it.
3. Saving
4. And, optionally, zoning in and out...

I love what I've seen so far from the emu. Honestly, though before I see a need for the proper dragon skins, I'd like to be able to make a newbie, go kill something, and sell the loot. The basics of an RPG. I admit that most of this does work to some (differing) degree, but in my opinion it is these that should be the priority.

Lyenu X`Arie
03-23-2002, 02:55 PM
Ariak:
--------------------
1 - Most people cannot use ShowEQ as it's pretty damn complicated and not a lot of people use linux.

2 - We know =D

3 - We know =D

4 - We know =D

5 - I can't really help there... it's a trial and error process.

6 - We're working on it, but we have more important things ATM

7 - We know they don't... we'll worry about it more into the development when mob AI is less buggy.

8 - We'll fix this soon(tm) too! =)

Hogger:
--------------------
1 - Combat does work...

2 - You can loot and you ~gasp~ CAN purchase/sell it!

3 - We do save everything almost.. mainly just not money =)

4 - That'll be implemented with DB stuff soon(tm).

hogger
03-24-2002, 03:08 AM
Combat does not work. There's no randomness at all (read the source, it's all been commented out - 'something got bugged'). Level is not taken into account. Creatures can only 'bash' not use weapons. Creature stats do not exist. The list goes on... It makes for a nice test of what combat should look like, but its far from finished if you expect people to actually play.

If money is not being saved, then what is the point of selling anything (gasp)? Also I noticed once that if you pick up cash loot from a mob it SETS your money value rather than adding to it.

They may seem to be minor nuscances when compared to the whole, but if you don't have those key elements, you won't have a playable game. Bells and whistles should come later, in my opinion.

Drawde
03-24-2002, 06:01 AM
I have to say I agree with Hogger, I'd prefer things like money being saved and combat improvements to "bells and whistles". Not that I'm criticising the developers, any addition/improvement is good and since EQEmu is an open source program it doesn't develop in a totally "planned" way I suppose.
Some things that could improve combat -
-AC being taken into account (this may work with the version I have, not sure though; it was certainly commented out in the source for an earlier version)
-Lower-level creatures hitting for less damage (this should be very easy to do)
-Higher level creatures hitting for more damage and can quad/flurry
-NPCs equip items in their inventory (so if an orc gets a rusty sword or spear in its loot table for example, it will wield it)
-Stats and resistances for NPCs configurable in the npc_type table
-Caster-class NPCs cast spells other than healing ones (would be quite hard to do though I imagine)
-Missile weapons working

Lyenu X`Arie
03-24-2002, 09:19 PM
Here's the deal... basically the whole emu is beta.. we're not even at version 1.0 yet. Combat was made so we just have a very basic test to get it all set up and working.. soon(tm) we'll work no writing in more "real" to EQ type equations to find DMG, which ATM could be done very easily. If anyone wants feel free to work on it if you know C++, thats why we released the source. When you make a game from scratch you make everything work to it's most primitive state. That means it's not what you want.. but it works and is scaleable. Once we've got the bugs worked out, and we finish what we need to get done, such as identify a lot of the unknown variables we have ATM that we don't know what they do, we'll work on improving things like combat. Doing it this way in my mind would be the best way, but I do know that some of the coders like giving you guys new features, or improving on old ones, and thats great. ATM we need to fix lag, CTD, dungen bugs (where you can't move when you zone), and a lot of other "bigger" bugs then we'll worry about those improvements. Anyways I've rambled on enough. =) This was in no way a flame to either of you.. it's just stating what I know.

Baron Sprite
03-26-2002, 11:26 AM
lyenu you're heading down abashi's path, stay in the light, STAY IN THE LIGHT!

Schmuck
03-26-2002, 02:09 PM
What is CTD?

Shawn319
03-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Crunching Thread Decapitator.

umm its means crash to desktop ;\