PDA

View Full Version : New spawn data

Drawde
01-23-2002, 01:30 AM
Download it from http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/spawndata0.3.zip

This is the latest version of my spawn/loot data. Apart from being compatible with 0.2.0, it includes loads of bugfixes since the last version and also more loot data (nearly complete now except for unique NPCs).

There are still serious problems with Z coordinates in many zones especially dungeons. Another major problem is that NPCs in some areas will jump up and down like hyperactive Frogloks on pogo sticks! This is due I think to the NPC movement/collision code which isn't finished yet. They are not actually jumping, but start off in the air, fall to the ground and then teleport up into the air again.
There may be (probably are) other problems too that I haven't found yet, I'm still testing the data extensively and with 50+ zones and 6000+ NPCs it's very easy to overlook things!

Pyrotek
01-23-2002, 01:37 AM
Before I snag this and take a look I have a question. Is the file a dump of just the spawntables or the entire db?

Gino
01-23-2002, 02:42 AM
Nice to see your back in business Drawde. :p

About the hopping mobs, i had the same problem with the wolfes in Thurga, when i used the z cords the #loc command provided me.

Using a bit lower z value, for example 1.0 instead of 2.0 solved that.

No more jumping Dorvs :)

Regards
Gino

Zeitgeist
01-23-2002, 02:52 AM
:) Aye it's good to see you back, especially bearing gifts :p teasin' :D Great work as always :cool:

Nada
01-23-2002, 04:48 AM
I was wondering the same thing is it a insert into the db or a totaly new db?

Zeitgeist
01-23-2002, 05:03 AM
from the readme.txt:

To install:
Copy and paste the contents of the .txt files into the appropriate places in db.sql, deleting any previous entries first (with loot.txt, you need to delete the entire loot section of the database including table structs).
Then re-import the db.sql file into MySQL, deleting the old database first.
You can edit db.sql with any text editor capable of reading large files (I use EditPad).
Alternatively rename the .txt files to .sql and import directly with MySQL. I haven't tried
this so can't confirm that it works.

jam^
01-23-2002, 06:57 AM
Here's a quick SQL file i created to prep the existing database before importing Drawde's data..

# kill the tables that we have new definitions for
drop table if exists loottable;
drop table if exists loottable_entries;
drop table if exists lootdrop;
drop table if exists lootdrop_entries;

#clean out the existing data in the other tables
delete from spawnentry;
delete from spawngroup;
delete from spawn2;
delete from npc_types;

after that, it's just a matter of importing the files with
mysql -f eq <datafile.txt

I notice i have to use the -f (ignore errors) option with mysql for this since there seems to be many duplicates in a couple of the files.

BTW, kudos to all of you for a great job on the emulator and the database info

Minuss
01-23-2002, 08:07 AM
good job all servers should include it !
but i've a question if we make 2 db can we after make only one without have to re-enter all infos ?

Gino
01-23-2002, 08:35 AM
I was thinking about this high and low Minuss.

My DB knowledge arent the best so i may be wrong.

When i had the idea of making a Worldbuilder team, i had to ask myself, how such a team could avoid to break each others work.

The only viable solution that i found so far (compatible to my understanding, how the DB works) would be :

1. Set up a proper DB for things that all builders would use.
(Faction and Items, for example, commes to my mind)

2. Set up Valueranges per zone for mobs, loottables, spawnpoints, quests and maybe more that slipped me now.
(i will explain later why)

3. Assign zones to builder. This person would be responsible to add more features to the to him assigned zones, once they becomme avaiable.

4. Work out some very basic rules. namingconventions documentations and such.

Now why those Valueranges ? Let me give you an example :
Builder Nr. 1 start to populate WFP, and starts with using mob ID 001.
Builder Nr. 2 does the same but starting in Everfrost. Same here he starts with mob ID 001.
Result : At the merge of the work you will run into problems.
And in a DB you are way to dependant to just change all the values.

So assign Wfp a valuerange of say 10k to 12k and Hallas from 13k to 15k. (with 12k to 13k as reserve)
Builder 1 starts with Mob Id 10001 and Builder Nr 2 with 13001.

Sure that would mean, you would have to create everything, for every zone (no zoneshared mob or lootentries), but at the end 20 people could actually work on theyr zones and they would not crash at the merge.

However this will most likely not be practicable for entire DB`s who all filled with infos all over. :(

Regards
Gino

hogger
01-23-2002, 12:05 PM
This is huge! Thanks a million!

Nada
01-23-2002, 04:10 PM
Guys for the spawn data if a run a zone will it have the spawned npc's or do i have to manually place them in zones with the admin tool? Also can i import the spawn data using the command in mysql: use eq, source xxx?

TheClaus
01-24-2002, 12:30 AM
With Drawde's data it will put all the spawns in the zone. As long as you use all of his data (minus the loot). Remember that you will need to input the NPC, and all Spawn for spawns to work. If you want to see what the loot looks like then add that too. What I do now is use a program called editpad and open the database and all the txt files. Then I fill in the DB with the txt files and then source the modded db file.

Zeitgeist
01-24-2002, 03:56 AM
yep the way claus does it is great, Jam's info is also spot on. you can of course just ren all the .txt files to .sql files and source them if you choose to do so and yes it does work.

Cyrax91x
01-27-2002, 06:08 AM
Great job so far on the spawn/loot information Drawde.

Quick question though. Right now all spawns appear with the default size. Is there a size field in the db or some other way to make certain spawns appear thier correct larger size? (Giants, Gods....)

Drawde
01-27-2002, 08:42 AM
There is a Size field in the DB and I have tried to set the size value correctly for things like giants, gods, small/large/giant variants of monster types, etc. However for some reason the emulator does not seem to use the value in the DB even though changing size is supported (with the #size command).
Maybe this'll be fixed in the next version of the emulator, I don't know.

Sin
01-29-2002, 01:22 AM
Does the problem with the mobs in dungeons include all the mobs seeming to appear at the zone safepoint, bunched up?

Or is that just something weird on my setup?

Gino
01-29-2002, 02:04 AM
The mobs appearing at savepoint, has to do with not proper set coords.

If you set cords for a spawn that are out of range, the mob will get placed at savepoint of the zone.

I can imagine that converted showeq lists, that are missing Z cords, will have that problem a lot, untill you set all those z cords correctly by hand. :(

Regards

Gino