PDA

View Full Version : Login Server source

iatmayan
03-24-2002, 02:34 PM
A little while back, the 2.3 emulator source had the code for the logon server. I haven't seen it distributed with any distribution since then. What ever happened to it?

Shawn319
03-24-2002, 02:36 PM
dont see the need to add un-do tech support questions to the pile.. full loginserver is far too complicated for an avarage user to run/maintain.. thats what minilogin is for..

Hmm
03-24-2002, 03:10 PM
hey how about posting binaries and how-to and say no tech support disclaimer?

centerized in this type of project is sure death

Circuit
03-24-2002, 04:02 PM
I had a beta full version and it is NOT complicated to run. They just don't want to give it out witch is kinda stupid.
who is going to run a server where only 1 account can play on it??
minilogin = not worth the time shouldn't have even been made

fullversion = easy to setup. OK, it takes a bit to figure it out, but all you have to do is add the sql file that it comes with and the php script. and TADA!!! its up and running. how hard is that?
*shrugs*
LOL

My 2 cents

Circuit
03-24-2002, 04:04 PM
I'll give out the source to the full version beta that no longer works if someone wants to fix it and give it out. I will only give it out if the person fixes it and gives me the fixed version to distribute.

DeletedUser
03-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Circuit if you knew anything about this emulator, you would know releasing it would give script kiddies a way to decode the login packets.

DeletedUser
03-24-2002, 07:03 PM
BTW Last time someone worked on a project with Circuit it ended up to be a 200 megabyte game that was suppose to be a EQ Emulator.

Hmm
03-24-2002, 07:16 PM
minilogin is fine, but i want seprate accounts. can minilogin be adopted for that? ONLY change is accounts work not eqemu all time.

THAT is only reason i want full version login. i dont really care about multi servers support or anything.

Lyenu X`Arie
03-24-2002, 09:01 PM
If you know C++ I *THINK* that you can add more accounts to minilogin.. but then again, I haven't looked at the source.. but I would think it to be possible. Just remember this.. MINILOGIN is *NOT* supported, and we don't give tech. support for it.

Malevolent
03-25-2002, 01:54 AM
It would be better to hand off accounting to something, say the world server, and keep the minilogin locked up, just bounce the person over to the worldserver for accounting (which, if I remember right, in 0.2.5 has a bunch of TODOs in there).

Accounting is really the only reason I can think of anyone would need the source.

--MV

Shawn319
03-25-2002, 03:09 AM
Circuit, go back to your own project lol.. whats it called again?? "EQEMu_ripoff"?

theCoder
03-25-2002, 04:00 AM
I'm not sure exactly why the login server code hasn't been released (script kiddies? huh? script kiddies don't analyize source...), but some of us could really use it. I know there have been problems with some of us who build the EMU on Linux and also have NATs. For some reason, we can't log in to our own servers from the gotfrags login server (I haven't had time to test this lately, but I know this happened with 024pr6, and I've seen posts about it in 025). I know that when I could run the login server on my Linux computer, everything worked just fine (though it was compiled as -DMINI_LOGIN). Unfortunately, I can't do that anymore since the source is no longer available.

I don't really want to complain, since this EMU is the result of lots of great volunteer effort, but it really would be nice to be able to run my own login server.

Now, it could be that the login code is all hacked up to work specifically for gotfrags and would take a lot of work to release it in a general state, but at least say that. I sincerly hope that you aren't hiding behind security through obscurity or thinking that you'll need to provide world class tech support.

And please don't insult people for trying to help. I don't know what the history is with Circuit, but the flames aren't necessary.

RoByte
03-25-2002, 05:27 AM
Let's try and be a more positive example for the board please.

Thread closed.