PDA

View Full Version : Viewing models and or skins?

Draugr
03-25-2002, 04:02 AM
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to view the models of the NPCs in EQ or if it is possible to look at the skins and possibly use them to test out some custom ideas? Ex: Changing the hill giants face to look a little different. Even if it cant be used in EQ, I think it would be fun to experiement with. So does anyone know if these things are possible?

Thanks

Draugr

Drawde
03-25-2002, 04:54 AM
There is a utility called EQInside which allows you to view/export the graphics and sounds in .s3d files and possibly replace/modify them as well. I downloaded it ages ago but can't remember where I got it.

Baltar
03-25-2002, 04:59 AM
hackersquest.org

Melissa
04-17-2002, 05:57 AM
One thing ive been looking for recently is to see if anyone has even tried to figure out the new EQ model formats, or even the old ones for that matter, im sure someone has been doing it, I mean, we already have a tool for the s3d files, and a .wld to .obj/.scr converter, surely someone has looked at the models too.

Either way, I have decided im going to try and figure out the model format, and if I can figure it out, ill try to make a model viewer, although, ive never really figured out file formats before, although I do know how everything works, and I have written a program to make viewing binary files easier(it generates a text file with a list of the numbers, basic but helpful).

If anyone has any info they would like to share please step forward, I will need all the help I can get :)