PDA

View Full Version : Quests by class?

mattmeck
08-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Is there a way to tag quests for specific classes?

I would like to create class specific quests where you cant talk to the NPC unless your a certain class. I have seen nothing on the forums and my trial and error trying has been all error. Is this somthing that isnt functional yet but will be in .5?

Merth
08-13-2003, 11:06 AM
There's no work being done at the moment for quest functionality, so if it's not already there, don't hold your breath. (Although it would be a cool feature).

Is this behavior available on EQLive? Could you give me an example of a quest on EQLive that does this?

mattmeck
08-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Been so long since i play'd on live i cant think of any. What dose come to mind is the class trainers, if your not of the right class they tell ya that. That is not in a QST file tho and i dont have the experience to be able to track down where that is.

What we are trying to do is have a NPC hand out Kael Armor and epics as starting gear, i curently have it written for 15 NPC's 1 per class, I was hoping of a way to cut it down to one NPC who hands out gear to all classes but only offers you your classes armor. If its not fesable at this time no biggy, would have been nice for looks 8)

killspree
08-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Class check is already in the code and should work with 4.4 - no clue if it works with 5.0 as I haven't had enough time to really test it.

An example script would be:
EVENT_SAY{
if ($class == WARRIOR) {
if ($1 == "Hail") { say("Greetings, $name! You look like a mighty warrior - if you are interested, I may have a few tasks for you.") }
}
if ($class != WARRIOR) { say("I seek those who call themselves warriors. You do not appear to be one, so I have no business with you.") }
}

That should work.

mattmeck
08-13-2003, 12:02 PM
This is exactly what i need thanks :D