PDA

View Full Version : Spell Development

hogosha
03-30-2002, 02:42 AM
I want to be able to make spells for my server I am creating, is there a tutorial on how to create or is their a program yet to make them for me?

Lyenu X`Arie
03-30-2002, 03:37 AM
There currently isn't a detailed tutorial or program to edit spells yet =(. But I saw somewhere it explains what is what in the SPDAT.EFF file.

hogosha
03-30-2002, 04:16 AM
if someone has the time can they please build a program to develop spells or atleast write a tutorial. I would but I dont know very much programming right now to even try.

Lurker_005
03-30-2002, 06:17 AM
I believe the Script editor (http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=823) has some basic information.

Razzle
03-30-2002, 08:24 AM
The current state of this is really sad. Why?

-Baron Sprite has provided all of the information that is required for editing spells.
-There are multiple programs out there that view spells from spdat.eff
-No one has made a gui spell editor yet, or announced they are starting to make a spell editor.

I hope Windcatcher makes one and integrates it with the database editor personally, but I'd be happy with anything right now.

(I'm currently learning C++ so I can go and make a spell editor, and I'll probably be the first one at this rate)

Baron Sprite
03-30-2002, 11:22 AM
I was making a program and a detailed guide, but work and other things overran the time I had devoted to it. I hope either WC, Zio, or another person utilizes my information to make a program. Sorry all :(

http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=696

that is all the information I had gathered so far.

Kaiyodo
03-31-2002, 05:53 AM
Pretty much all the info you need is in spdat.h from the EQEmu source, all that's needed is a GUI to drop on top of that data structure.

I knocked up one quickly today, attached some screenshots of it.

It need a fair bit of tidying up and testing, but it seems to do the job :)

K.

Drawde
03-31-2002, 06:37 AM
This isn't a spell editor, just a viewer, but the most comprehensive spell viewer I've found is at eqcaster.com. I'm using it at the minute to work out NPC spell lists, it allows you to view and sort spells based on level, mana cost, type etc.

DeletedUser
03-31-2002, 06:42 AM
GJ Kaiyodo, looks good

Kaiyodo
03-31-2002, 11:42 AM
I've posted the first release of my spell editor in the 3rd-Party tools section. Lemme know if it doesn't work or there something major I've missed. I probably won't have time to do anything about it, but at least I can go 'doh, why didn't I think of that' :)

K.

Shawn319
03-31-2002, 12:43 PM
This isn't a spell editor, just a viewer, but the most comprehensive spell viewer I've found is at eqcaster.com. I'm using it at the minute to work out NPC spell lists, it allows you to view and sort spells based on level, mana cost, type etc.

Eat your words rofl.. try it out.