PDA

View Full Version : Books in PoK cause errors....

Purcevil
09-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Picked up a bunch of books in PoK and read them...

Several if not all caused errors in the packetcollector to the affect of "must be running at zone in...." with hex dumps of data it did not recognize. I had been in the zone for some 30 minutes or more with PC running for over an hour.

Just FYI

Purcevil

Rabaril
09-28-2003, 11:51 PM
Hmm... I had this problem too.... Then I zoned... Go figure.... "Must be running at zone in..." Very cryptic.... :twisted:

Edgar1898
09-29-2003, 03:51 AM
hehe yes Sorry Ill add this to the readme, you must have packetcollector running before you zone into the zone, otherwise it wont get the correct decryption key

Merth
09-29-2003, 05:42 AM
I had been in the zone for some 30 minutes or more with PC running for over an hour.
If it was running successfully for that long and then stopped working - this is a known issue. We're working on that.

If it was never running successfully - see the above post.

Purcevil
09-29-2003, 07:41 AM
I had started PC up before EQ, and had gated to PoK from Kael. I caught the must be running at zone in part. I'm saying it broke giving a bogus error.

Thanks, Merth, for taking the time to actually read the initial post. I'll try to be a bit less brief in the future, for the sake of clarity.

On the bright side, even though it broke on the books, still updated 52 items and added a new one. Sweet.