PDA

View Full Version : Quests

hogger
01-23-2002, 03:58 PM
Has anyone gotten a quest to work? I think I understand how it is supposed to go down, but so far no dice. Anybody?

n00b8472
01-23-2002, 03:59 PM
I don't believe quests are actually working yet. I tried fiddling a little with it too, but nothing happens.

Trumpcard
01-24-2002, 01:37 AM
Yoda had a few working on his server, but until NPC speech is implemented, it will be hard to use..

The basic code for it is there though, dont know if its a part of the dev releases though

Zeitgeist
01-24-2002, 02:42 AM
quests are in, but as I understand it will need a little bit of other code before they become truly usable.

hogger
01-24-2002, 04:08 AM
Well, when the announcement from the coder came out on the other forum, he said it worked for him. Give a price item, get a reward. In my tests it seems only to ressurect the loot bug...

Zeitgeist
01-24-2002, 04:23 AM
yeah well it would work for the guy who wrote the code :p for the record he isn't part of the actual dev team afaik. i haven't actually tried to create a quest as of yet. does the npc actually give you the info you need to complete? and by loot bug, what exactly do you mean? ie what happens when you return the item.

Yodason
01-24-2002, 09:39 AM
I have a exe that works, but the src for some reason DOESN'T work lol

hogger
01-24-2002, 10:05 AM
By loot bug I mean looting stops working until I reconnect to the server. Example:

1. Using freportw, and Drawde's world stuff, I set up a quest using Boomba the Big (or whatever) NPC #355. He wants snake meat and hands out a club. No, he doesn't talk or anything, I know what he wants because I set it up.

2. I go kill a snake and get some meat. I try to hand the meat to Boomba to get the club and nothing happens.

3. I go kill more stuff, but can no longer loot. #showloot works, even on corpses, but /loot does not. I have also noticed that I can no longer press f10.

Maybe it is a bug with my client or something. Maybe these events are unrelated. I was just hoping that I had done something wrong with my quest set up. Something I could fix.

n00b8472
01-24-2002, 03:01 PM
I've noticed the same thing.. Looks like it's a universal problem :(