PDA

View Full Version : PacketCollector not collecting properly

Asigoth
10-09-2003, 02:02 AM
Followed the documentation precisely, even doublechecked it. Downloaded WinPCap, installed, rebooted. I ran PacketCollector with the following syntax:

packetcollector 68.82.199.215 -o all -l FD.txt

Loaded up EverQuest, logged onto Bertoxx, casted Feign Death until I got 1 success and 1 fail, said the results outloud after each cast, then hit control-C on packetcollector and checked FD.txt -- empty, except for a timestamp and a message saying that it started collecting.

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional SP4, no switch/router/hub, cable modem is plugged directly into my ethernet card. Also, a note of interest, I clicked on an item link for an item that I know you guys don't have in the DB, and it still didn't update DB.

Merth
10-09-2003, 02:20 AM
Try running it without the -l option so you can see the information spit out in real time, and then start messing around with your IP. Use your internal IP address instead of your external, and if you have any other networking devices that may obtain an IP, disable them (or try the address).

Magick
10-09-2003, 04:06 AM
Same issues since the patch.

alot of "ERROR: Invalid decryption key. Could not decrypt packet." spam, collector refuses to grab anything, including new items, links, etc.

Merth
10-09-2003, 04:48 AM
ERROR: Invalid decryption key. Could not decrypt packet.

This is a different problem. The patch last night broke our network code, and you will see this as a result. A new packet collector will be released as soon as we get the new network layer figured out.