PDA

View Full Version : Freedom from Thirst and Hunger Quest. <idea>

flyrken
10-11-2003, 03:07 AM
I would like to implement a quest to remove the need for drink and food. (This would make stat food very nice indeed.)

Sample pseudo quest giver example.
(Quest mob would be in the PoK library at the top of the Elevator with the "Leaders of Pok".)

You say Hail Inspiration!

Inspiration tells you,"Your path to glory and death is hindered by your body's need for essense. I can remove these needs. All you need to do is pledge an alliance with me and [look for inspiration]."

You say I will look for inspiration.

Inspiration tells you, "Your mind will never listen to your body's request for essense as you will be inspired by your quest for glory and death."

setstat thirst &lt;target> -1
setstat hunger &lt;target> -1

No idea really how to implement this, just used "My MUD's" commands as an example above.

killspree
10-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Not sure it's possible really, the client checks for hunger/thirst. I'll take a look and see though.

flyrken
10-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Thanks, I am really excited about this. I really want a custom feel to EqEmu compared to LIVE.

When we are flagged GM we do not eat/drink if this is any help in investigation of client.

EOF

tyrbo
10-15-2003, 10:24 AM
I *believe* there was a Endless Flask of Water or watever, you could just put those in their inventory if they do whatever to complete the quest or whatnot.