PDA

View Full Version : EQEMU Expansion: Zone of Malevolence

Malevolent
04-02-2002, 04:31 PM
Attached is a compiled alt to the ZoneNT.exe executable. If you are trying to run this on any nonNT build, then you take things into your own hands. You just do so to a lesser degree if you use it on an NT system. Expect crashes, bugs, and other such delightful things. Replace your existing ZoneNT.exe with the above, and all should be well.

The following commands will be helpful for you:

#zonefamine - cause famine to the entire zone
#GetTarget - who is the NPC going after
#GetMaster - who is the target's master?
#ForceFeed - feed an NPC a number amount
#BecomeZoneMaster - transfer allegiance in the zone to you
#GetMastersInZone - dump a list of who all is considered master

For #GMIZ if you see more than one entry, then that means that there is more than one NPC obeying that particular NPC. More help info is on the way.

Because the hunger code has a decay timer which is dependent on each spawn, it is usually more fun to just send everyone into a frenzy. Use #zonefamine

I would not carry more than 50pp when in a city zone. The rogue and bard guilds tend to come after you in full force, but will check your passport first. If they find you and kill you, they will take your money. If you want it back, then you'll need to kill them.

Master code is still largely experimental. At last check, there were NPCs worshipping corpses. I'm not sure what to think of that. I could change it to make it impossible for them to do so, but the thought of orcs worshipping some of your dead spawns is intriguing. :-)

If you are a player, and you are zone master, and the mobs kill stuff, then the coin from their kills goes into your bank account. If you are in a zone with a bank, then you will need to zone out then back in to see the updated money supply. If the leader is an NPC, then the mobs should be taking the money and putting it on their NPC leader.

Remember: Experimental (http://www.enkanica.com/data/files/ZoneNT.zip)

--MV

Trumpcard
04-02-2002, 05:02 PM
You can get the precompiled zlib.dll from

http://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/

Awesome stuff Male... You are introducing such cool new ideas...

Vassar
04-02-2002, 05:57 PM
Amazing stuff man. Keep up the good work.

Think you could work on a guild vault bank account? Maybe it could be accessed with something like #guildvault or a gm could open any guildvault with #guildvault [guild name or id]. Just an idea...

Hmm
04-02-2002, 06:39 PM
dunno if its possible if guildhalls is ever done then there should be npc that talks to only leader and officers. if theres mechcant flag it can be modified to make it "free" items ie: everything can be sold to special mechcant for free and sold back for free too. i think theres limit on how much items tho.

wonder if new npc flags can be added? if so there should be ability to create guildbankers. if thats possible the guild leader and officers should be able to access it.

Vassar
04-02-2002, 07:48 PM
I can think of many ways this can be done..Im sure one of them will work and im sure everyone can think of the different ways to do it.

frax
04-13-2002, 05:58 AM
How do i use this? I am new to the eqemu world. I am running Windos XP, i think it is NT based. When i tried to run boot5zones so that it would use the ZoneNT executable, the zone windows would pop up and disappear right away. When i renamed it to Zone9x and ran the boot5zones9x exe, it worked. But when i tried to /zone hallsofmalevolence, my computer froze up for about 15 seconds, then it came back to me saying Could not find safe point for halls of malevolence. Help please =/

RenoDX
04-16-2002, 09:49 AM
Malevolent, this has to be one of the most creative ideas I've seen and I wish you well on this project. I'd love to try this out, but unfortunately, I'm running Windows ME. Any plans on releasing a Zone9x executable or are there ways I can use the ZoneNT.exe on Windows ME?

Also, I've been using EQEmu for about 3 days now, and I have to give out major props to the dev team for making such an awesome emulator! Keep up the good work, all!

Malevolent
04-17-2002, 01:57 AM
This is not actually a zone, but a zone server. I've been considering making fractaled zones with custom char objects for that zone (bridges, houses, etc.), but don't think I honestly have the time for it.

This is actually an older binary (for 0.2.6), and pretty simple with what it offers. I'd recommend keeping an eye out on the EQEmu team's login server for "Malevolent's Lab" if you want to check some of the newer things that I've added out.

--MV