PDA

View Full Version : PacketCollector: 1 bug, 2 feature requests

blargh
10-30-2003, 05:08 PM
First, the bug. Right clicking items from the /bazaar search to get the link that way crashes it.

Feature request 1: A -mirror or somesuch flag that will update a local copy of the items DB at the same time as it updates the main EQEmu items table. The existing -db series look like they should (or could) allow this, but are presently broken. Reason for wanting this is I'd like updates to appear in my local DB quicker than the once-a-week updates provided by the website.

Feature request 2: The ability to hit a key and have the collector update the databases then go back to sniffing, keeping the same decoding key and such.

blargh
10-31-2003, 10:02 AM
n/t

Edgar1898
10-31-2003, 01:01 PM
Yes I agree, that needs to be added, but unfortunately I'm too busy working on the emu to add that in. Any changes I make to the packetcollector right now are solely to fix bugs. Maybe one of the other devs will work on doing this.

Doodman
11-02-2003, 04:41 PM
I plan on doing async updates to the DB at some point, so it'll use a separate thread and do the uploads near real time instead of at the end.

As far as updating the local DB, nice idea. I'll try to work it in.

Sorry, I've been busy at home lately and haven't had as much time to work on it as I would have liked.