EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Bots (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   Bot Shaman Pets Attacking PC (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41319)

jpyou127 05-04-2017 07:25 AM

Bot Shaman Pets Attacking PC

Uleet, not sure if this has happened before, but I have an issue where bot shaman pets are attacking the PC.

Point me in the right direction? Binaries are pulled from Akkas repository. DB is not my own and not vanilla, but is updated. Seemed to happen right from the start, so it makes me think its binaries... not sure.

Celestial

Found this, but no fix: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=227440

tdanger84 05-04-2017 08:39 AM

its a common issue, seen it with all the pet classes. most recently i noticed it with a mage bot, i think it was on Caves and Kobolds. have seen it on many servers though

jpyou127 05-04-2017 08:49 AM

That is what I was thinking as well, seems like its an ongoing issue for a while. Maybe there could be a fix! I am willing to help troubleshoot!

Celestial

The_Beast 05-04-2017 09:00 AM

How recent is your binaries ? I am using a compile from april 25th source pull and do not have that particular issue.
My db is fully updated (9017 bot version). But, I did notice the shaman bot pet is not targetable. Checking other
ones, when I get around to it.

jpyou127 05-04-2017 10:23 AM

The binaries are April 4th and Bot DB is 9017. On next restart I can pull the latest Binaries with Bots. I can pull newer binaries on next restart.

The_Beast 05-04-2017 11:33 AM

I pulled the updated source available today and recompiled. I fired up a necro, mage and shaman bot.
I had no issues with the bot pets, other than the fact I could not target them. I am not sure when or
if that was changed intentionally in the source, I haven't tried targeting a bot pet in a long time. So
that kind of puts a damper on buffing them.

Tamian 05-05-2017 11:51 AM

The targeting issue seems to be something beyond - in that I am unable to target spawns such as the AA Resupply Agent

jpyou127 05-05-2017 12:44 PM

As an update the current scripted binary downloads are still from 4/4/17. So, nothing has been recompiled beyond what I already have. Time to compile my own for testing I suppose.

Celestial

jpyou127 05-08-2017 10:42 AM

It looks like the bot pet is putting PCs on the agro list due to AOE weapon procs. Getting closer. ULEET where are you??!??

The_Beast 05-08-2017 12:18 PM

I have a test box up on list right now if you want to logon and check out the bot pets. I have a 32 shaman bot right
now and no agro from his pet at all. It's a vanilla, unedited DB (nothing has been done). Look for The Beast Testbox
I've tried different levels/toons and don't get the agro that you seem to be experiencing. I know this was an issue
long ago, but I assumed it was fixed, since it I don't run into it anymore.

jpyou127 05-08-2017 01:48 PM

I think I have narrowed it down to a custom PB AOE Aug with spell effect Fire flux. Still wondering if it might be the aug settings.

I am not seeing new binaries for bots past 4/4 when I pull them down from another Akka update script. Are you getting binaries newer than 4/4?

The_Beast 05-08-2017 01:54 PM

Right now, I am using my own compiled binaries from april 15th on that test box. But I don't get the issue with any other dated source,
including the gitpull from May 04th.

jpyou127 05-08-2017 02:15 PM

Roger that. Does anyone know if its possible to life tap the bot pet to heal up?

The_Beast 05-08-2017 02:49 PM

I'm curious, when a bot is created and it spawns a pet, wouldn't an entry go into the bot_pets table in the db ?
That shaman bot I have up right now with a pet, I went looking in bot pet tables and there is no entries, not
even in the bot_pet_buffs, but I did see the shaman bot casting buffs on it. The pet itself doesn't exist in db.

EDIT: Scratch that, I had the bot sitting idle for a few hours and hadn't zoned since the pet was spawned. It
went in the table after I zoned once, lol