Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:22 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

Default Traitor Bot Pets?

anyone ever have an issue where bot pets are attacking players? just bot pets, not player pets...just randomly started tonight
Old 01-06-2014, 01:09 AM
Uleat
Developer

Do they physically attack, or just stay agro'd?

I spoke with bad_captain some time ago about bot pets agro'ing group members and causing the xtarget window to stay full...

I'm pretty sure that particular issue was fixed as I never saw it again.

What revision is the server that you play on?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-06-2014, 09:56 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

the bot pets have NOT been aggroing players up until last night, when I did a recompile to fix an error. all I did was recompile with release instead of debug, I didn't change anything. now the bot's pets just spam "that is not a legal target master" and keep trying to attack other players

im not sure the revision, but it was fine before I recompiled. the source is not too old, its from the last couple months, but I didn't change the source just recompiled what I already had
Old 01-06-2014, 03:22 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Yes, I remember working on that. I believe it was due to beneficial spells being cast that had a negative aspect (neg hp regen, canni, etc). Maybe there were some other recent changes to spells that caused similar issues, but I don't know why it would start by just recompiling. Unless a rule change was made, but I can't think or any that should affect it. Any spell changes?

Also, make sure the release build actually built, and you weren't using an old build. I've done that before.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:08 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

ohh, well we recently removed all Rank II Spells to make room for custom spells. Could that be the reason? but the bots are only level 70, so they don't use any of those spells yet anyway? I checked the bot's spell lists and they do have some rank spells above 70 and the rank II ones are no longer there
Old 01-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'll take a look at the code to see if missing spells would affect the target-action sequence.

If you placed a detrimental spell when a beneficial spell once was, that 'might' be an issue..but, I can't be sure without checking...

Someone else may (feel free to) chime in before I get back though

Compilin' Dirty