EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::General Support (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Logging into server please wait... (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31846)

darkjack 08-12-2010 04:17 PM

Logging into server please wait...

Hi I'm new to emu, read the FaQ whent threw all the forums that i could find related to my issue with no solution trying not to look like an idiot but heres my problem. I got my hands on a copy of titanium installed it and followed the wiki and the guide for project 1999 (the server i want to play on) with the shortcut created it doesnt try to patch (is that normal?) and when i attempt to login all i get is the bubble "logging into server please wait" it doesnt matter what i type in its the same message.

I'm running win 7 my host file is targeting port 5998
Shortcut does have the eqgame.exe" patchme argument
I tried installing it twice thusfar second time with my wireless adapter turned off to make sure it didnt "secretly" patch on me lol
Tried running everything as an admin and in compatibility mode no change in result

Thanks for your time

darkjack 08-14-2010 03:37 AM

Update

still cant connect to the server / still dont recieve an error
bypassed my router so i wouldnt have to change its security setings
tried port 5999 for the hell of it (shouldn't work anyway)
the program remains responing even with the "logging into server please wait" message it just never gets there ...
I'm not too savvy with game clients but is there a particular port the login server connects to us with? maybe i can look that up maybe its a system seting i missed i supposedly have my firewall down but obviously theres something between my computer and the LS

Jalynfane 08-30-2010 01:05 AM

same problem here and can not figure it out

leesaroo 08-30-2010 07:32 PM

I have the same problem. :/

Ninusen 09-07-2010 02:47 PM

I have a similiar problem. After entering my login info I get 'Logging into server...' for about 10 seconds, then it gives me a pop-up saying a connection could not be established, verify your internet connection, etc.

arcerean 09-07-2010 06:14 PM

try running the options command to rest the vidio had this problem on laptop here with windows 7,

Ninusen 09-07-2010 07:33 PM

I fixed my problem. User error.

When I modified my eqhost.txt file I only changed the port number, not the host name. Hopefully you guys find an equally easy fix.

Kealuin 10-27-2010 07:40 AM

I am having the same problem. The FAQ did not help. Has anyone figured this out? Reinstalled 3 times now and nothing. Im running on Windows XP.

Huppy 10-27-2010 11:15 AM

Just want to mention (just in case), some people don't realize, there is two different login/password to sign up for, to get on those servers. One is for the forums here, and a different one for the login server. Its just a thought for those that might not be aware. Otherwise, if iyour install went smooth and your "patchme" and eqhostfile was done, I have no idea what it could be.

JerFaulk 10-31-2010 06:52 AM

My dumb mistake

I'm completely new, but I got past the issue after making completely sure all of my EQ files from playing on Live were completely erased.

Splyxx 08-13-2011 10:55 AM

question

On the eqhost fille, should there be a space between [Login server] and host=eqemulator.net:5998

lerxst2112 08-13-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splyxx (Post 202183)
On the eqhost fille, should there be a space between [Login server] and host=eqemulator.net:5998

Code:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

If you use SoD or newer, change 5998 to 5999. I'm not sure if SoF should be 5998 or 5999 since I've never used it.

No extra spaces at the end of the lines, just exactly what it says above.