View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 10:11 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Default 1017 client connection errors, FIXED!

Hey folks, need some help - not sure what is going on. I did some research and read dozens of threads and almost everything that comes up from googling:

site:www.eqemulator.org 1017 error

Is old and archived, and nothing seems to show how to resolve it.

Here is what changed:

I worked on resolving an issue with getting my private login server working: see this thread for final changes made today:

Found here

I also, in an effort to fix the food and drink issues many seem to be having and we are, I changed the max stack size for Iron Rations & Chocolate Milk to 1000.

That's it...

Symptoms:

I as the server owner can connect without issue, and play and everything is fine, I can connect to the server via my private login server and also via eqemu's login server - no issues.

Every other player/client trying to connect, including my wife sitting next to me gets a black screen, both through eqemu's login server and my private login server that eventually errors out with the following error:

Code:
Error 1017: Cannot login to the Everquest server. You may need to rerun the update patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the patch server. This is usually temporary.
All players and clients running windows 7, 8 and 10 are having this issue.

Frankly it is acting like I somehow patched my client, but I didn't... not knowingly anyway...

I am new, so maybe I did something that constituted the server thinking it was patched; however, I don't know how or what that would be.

Client being used by all: Underfoot
Server: VM running Windows 2012 R2
Port Status: nestat -an shows ports listening that should be
Rebooted?: a few times...

Thank you for any thoughts or ideas!

-Monteros