Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:57 AM
bouzi567
Fire Beetle

Default weapon Dmg Problem.

I Wanted to create a weapon to hit for 5k plus. I crated one with 288 dmg (the most it will put on weapon) and when testing it only hits for about 500-800 dmg on average anyone know why.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Gieese
Fire Beetle

Don't know why, but did some fiddling around on item creation. Just wanted to know the cap on each fields....

Seems like there are caps (or internal caps)

Damage: 200
Stats: 100
Sv: 100
AC: 200
Mana: Character side, above 30k mana endded in bugs (or atleast my Pally had 0 base mana above 30k)

Above that, stas and sv will be minus values (or shown as minus values).
For an weap with +5K dmg, why not just, Damage 200 + Elemental Dmg Type 1, Elemental Dmg amount 200.

thought this took me to 8K over single hit.

BTW, could be old memories, and fixed on recent builds..... if then very sorry.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:00 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gieese View Post
Don't know why, but did some fiddling around on item creation. Just wanted to know the cap on each fields....

Seems like there are caps (or internal caps)

Damage: 200
Stats: 100
Sv: 100
AC: 200
Mana: Character side, above 30k mana endded in bugs (or atleast my Pally had 0 base mana above 30k)

Above that, stas and sv will be minus values (or shown as minus values).
For an weap with +5K dmg, why not just, Damage 200 + Elemental Dmg Type 1, Elemental Dmg amount 200.

thought this took me to 8K over single hit.

BTW, could be old memories, and fixed on recent builds..... if then very sorry.
All of the internal caps are really just because of what type of integer the values are stored as. I started to record some of them in the Wiki, but since there are a crapload of fields, I never really finished it. However, if you can understand signed vs. unsigned integers & the size limits based on the size of the integer (8 bits vs 16 bits vs 32 bits), it's not really that hard to figure out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouzi567 View Post
I Wanted to create a weapon to hit for 5k plus. I crated one with 288 dmg (the most it will put on weapon) and when testing it only hits for about 500-800 dmg on average anyone know why.
If you set the damage on the weapon to 288, the client will remove 255 damage from it, because 255 is as high as the damage can go on a single item (without augments, etc). You should be able to verify this by looking at the weapon in-game, it will probably say 33 damage (unless you are using augments/item stacking).

You'll also want to make sure your weapon skill for it is as high as it will go (400 will usually cap it).

If that isn't quite cutting it, try increasing your strength/attack. If that's still not doing it, you may want to consider using an augment or item stacking to increase the amount of damage above 255.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 03-18-2008, 12:33 PM
trevius
Developer

Lowering the AC of the NPC you are attacking makes a huge difference too.