Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:49 AM
iluvseq
Sarnak

Default FYI: PEQ 2014-10 schema missing crucial tables

For anyone setting up a brand new server, please be aware that the 2014-10-11 player_tables dump only contains CREATE TABLE statements for 5 tables:

CREATE TABLE `commands` (
CREATE TABLE `launcher` (
CREATE TABLE `rule_sets` (
CREATE TABLE `rule_values` (
CREATE TABLE `variables` (

The 2014-09-25 dump, however, has CREATE TABLE statements for 94 tables.

If you are trying to start a new server, you must use the older player_tables dump to setup your database.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Niteryder1969
Fire Beetle

Any ideas how one can get the new character_corpse_items table and conversions? I have trying to get to new client rof2 and everything was perfect until these tables came up missing on and sql update I was trying to insert. I was using the sql updates on the db until I came to multiple table sql and then it errored me saying that the Character_Corpse_Items table did not exist. Yes I have did a git pull to update my existing and even tried starting over with git clone to see if there was a difference...no luck. plz help
Old 01-11-2015, 04:33 PM
iluvseq
Sarnak

Looks like database.cpp will create that table as part of CheckDatabaseConvertCorpseDeblob().

In otherwords, just startup world and it should get created for you by the code.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Niteryder1969
Fire Beetle

thx for the quick reply, then maybe I am having a corrupted compile then. i'll try a fresh start re-installs
Old 01-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Niteryder1969
Fire Beetle

I dbl checked everything to make sure I had all right and updated software. I look in the solution Viewer in my compiler and locate the comment to add the table Character_Corpse_items and the convert Player corpse to character corpse and it will not give it to me. when I source in sql 2014_12_15_multiple_table_updates it give me this error. I have compiled 3 times with same results at this line I get ALTER TABLE `character_corpse_items` ADD `aug_6` int( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `aug_5`; error table does not exist. Sry bout this it is probably something simple but I thinks I give up now, this has beating me for now, lol. Take care
Old 01-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

This is in the first few lines of the complete windows-based server setup guide...

Complete Windows-based Server Setup Guide (Windows 7+)
•Last Updated: 5th January 2015

WARNING - PLEASE READ FIRST!

The Oct 11 2014 PEQ database peqbeta_2014-10-11-02:01.tar.gz is broken. Use the peqbeta_2014-09-25-02-01.tar.gz one instead!

Point being do not use the October 11th database. It doesn't work!

Rick (HallsHavoc)
Old 01-11-2015, 09:43 PM
iluvseq
Sarnak

Riklin, the character_corpse_items table is not in either of the PEQ dumps as it is a table that is created by the server code itself.

Niteryder1969: the ALTER TABLE will fail, because db_update.pl runs *before* world actually gets around to running. You need to go ahead and let world run by hitting 0 at the db_update.pl prompt. Once it's run once, exit and re-run, and the next time db_update.pl will work because world will have had a chance to create the missing table.

Alternatively, you can simply create the table yourself. Here is the command (taken from common/database.cpp):

Code:
CREATE TABLE `character_corpse_items` (
`corpse_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,
`equip_slot` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,
`item_id` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT NULL,
`charges` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT NULL,
`aug_1` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0',
`aug_2` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0',
`aug_3` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0',
`aug_4` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0',
`aug_5` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0',
`aug_6` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0',
`attuned` smallint(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
PRIMARY KEY(`corpse_id`, `equip_slot`)) ENGINE = InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1;