Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 AM
Bumguran
Fire Beetle

Default Warping issue.

I have an issue with warping, I tend to only warp near caves where I am about to zone into another zone. I warp so fast I can't see where I am headed and usually takes me about 3 minutes to zone because I end up turning all the way around back where I came from and it is really frustrating. Also from time to time my character will be running across the land and he will just stand in place no motion at all of running. If I had to describe it, it's like your character running but he isn't running in motion, just motionless. The mobs are motionless as well, they move from a distance away and right as I attack any mob it displays that the mob is hitting me and I am hitting the npc but there is no motions of my character swinging an axe ect... The game will stay this way, if I reboot my comp it seems to fix it for about 30 mins to an hour. Then it will go back to this. It is almost like it is glitching, and I need help. Before anyone asks I am hard wired to my modem/router. And it is literally a foot away from my tower, so it's not lag. I am running Windows Vista, I have the latest Direct X drivers and the latest drivers for my video card. I am running on a computer that I bought in 2008 with decent cards in it and stuff. This game shouldn't take a powerful comp to run so I doubt it is a hardware issue. I am playing on the project 1999 server ruins of kunark. can somebody please help ?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I don't believe warping is allowed on that server, but I may be wrong. But openly admitting to doing such can be bannable, on that server anyway. I would recommend just walking, rather than warping, and if you have an issue with Project 1999, don't post here, you'll likely get a better response on their forums.

Here's a link: http://www.project1999.org/
Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
I don't believe warping is allowed on that server, but I may be wrong. But openly admitting to doing such can be bannable, on that server anyway. I would recommend just walking, rather than warping..
Really... suggest you go read that again.

@Bumguran
When he said go post on P99 forums that was good advice, could be any number of issues.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I said I may be wrong, but stated it could be bannable.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:49 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
I said I may be wrong, but stated it could be bannable.
He is not using mq2 warp, he is having an issue with his connection/cpu that is causing rubberbanding issues.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:02 PM
jojo22
Fire Beetle

What client? Titanium, Underfoot, SoF, SoD?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

From the sounds of "The game will stay this way, if I reboot my comp it seems to fix it for about 30 mins to an hour", I'd suggest that you may be overheating. While it doesn't seem likely that an ancient game could push your CPU that high temp-wise, how clean is the inside of your case, and your heatsink? Give it a good dusting, get realtemp and watch your temperatures as you are playing.