Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Davood
Discordant

Default Alakamin - Massive update

Since the last time I posted details on the server - there have been massive improvements and changes.

Before I start, let me re-iterate that there are no downloads, and never will be any downloads required for my server.

Biggest update:
Only up to "Tier 3" (velious) Was out before, now the tiers up to tier 14 are available (Start of Dragons of Norrath expansion)
The plan I have developed calls for tiers up to tier 35 - in order to play: there are the requirements
tier 1 - 18 = Titanium friendly
tier 19 - 30 = SoF or later required
Tier 31-35 = Sod or later required

The Meat:
There are over 150 new player selectable (bot as well) races (Global models that are unique to each other) to choose from (ingame). These don't require any downloads. Some of the races have subraces to choose from; each of them have 22 special abilities on top of whatever class / AA Abilities they might earn through normal gameplay.

Heroes (16 pc races) and Monsters (150 other races) benefit from two separate lines of abilities. Where the hero races base their skills from their class, the monster skills are based on their race selection only.

Some of the abilities include flying (actual flying), dragon fear (great for pulling), spell reflection, etc - there are limitations to the monster races.

All races, including player races have been given additional skills as well - these range from additional discs to spells never used by players before!

To see the new races, visit Eastern Commonlands, if you have reached tier 4 or higher, just type #alist and you have the option to summon a netherworld translocator at your position with the cost of some of your life force.

There is an item courier that will transfer items between players using a mail delivery type system, that way offline/time zone challenged players can benefit from their friends raiding without them. The item courier will send you tells (for real!) to remind you every 15 minutes that you haven't received a package en route (you have to go to or summon a courier to pick it up)

Also summonable are the EC vendors, the visiting, and "other" noble, the mysterious stranger, and telebankers - all with appropriate costs and circumstances. Just type #alist to see the help menu.

Now for the fun part - game mechanics changes:
When you die in certain zones, to certain npcs and in .. certain ways your corpse will rise as a copy of you and roam around in the zone where you died and terrorize (you) people who visit that zone in the future.
Alll zones are now static this is tier 1 through 30, with the exception of the "challenge tiers" in between each of the major "expansion tiers" (tiers 4, 8, 10, 11, etc).

For tier 8 and onwards: enemies will have or already have "tactical flavour". IE All turtles have an ability to resist melee when they are full hp and slowly lose that as their hp decreases, treants might be particularily susceptible to fire etc .. peircing might not work on gelatinous creatures... etc. I won't list them all here for good reasons

There is a rudimentary banking system in place - so far it just gives you 1% interest per day on the value of your shared bank platinum -it will be expanded later after all the main project development is done to include such things as a stock market, loans and other nasty business.

Hotzones are randomized daily.

Also, I am not sure if i mentioned this before but... you can change your race-class-deity-gender at any time you are willing to give up all of your levels and start over at level 1.

There is an updated website with most of the details of the new races.
Each individual race archetype has its own set of rules, dragons and bazu for example scale in size very quickly (by level), where-as brownies and faeries are ALWAYS tiny - some of the races have permanent hardcoded attack bonuses / haste and some of them are just plain different... they are still technically in development, only 1/4 of the skills and abilities are in place at this moment.
The archetypes are as follows:
Aviak
Banshee
Bazu
Beholder
Bixie
Brownie
Dark Elf Pirate
Dragon
Drake
Erudite Pirate
Faerie
Fungoid
Gargoyle
Gelidran
Gnoll
Gnome Pirate
Gnomework
Goblin
Golem
Harpy
Human Pirate
Imp
Kerran
Kobold
Minotaur
Ogre Pirate
Orc
Pyrilen
Satyr
Scrykin
Shilliskin
Siren
Troll Pirate
Ultrataur
Werewolf
Zombie

FAQ for monsters:

q: how do i become a monster?
a: make a regular player race-class then go to EC, any netherworld translocator can send you there.

q: are monsters like players?
a: yes they can equip all gear, and do all the stuff for their respective classes.

q: hey why am i level 1?
a: because the cost of switching races, classes, gender or deity is the reduction of your experience points to level 1 (with the exception of god players who have gotten past level 60)

q: the abilities don't work!!!!!!!!!
a: the 0 you see are usually zeroes not OHs try various text combos, it should work, its referencing the same variable to check what you typed and to lookup what to do, so its not broken.

q: why don't monsters get a racial charm and aug???
a: for early to mid game balance reasons - later on i will be adding a generic charm and aug for all players (monsters included) that uses the # of various tasks (depending on which charm + aug you pick) completed to give it power.

q: this particular ability says i have no target, or doesnt seem to fire off anything???
a: excellent, please ingame mail me at soe.eq.mdb.davood I will reward you with an aa token or something appropriate

Last edited by Davood; 01-05-2013 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: removed confusing sentence.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Davood
Discordant

oh and if anyone with some free time wants to make a proper website for me.. feel free to volunteer. I am extremely lazy in teh web development side of thins.. i want to only develop the server
Old 01-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Drajor
Developer

Nice work, it looks like you have been super busy!

Quote:
I am quite competent in making things happen server-side and i don't need to use shortcuts
I dont understand this?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Davood
Discordant

sorry , i was referring to other people's preference for implementing "custom" content by putting their "mark" on everything that is client side.

there are over 30,000 spells to play with, and infinite possibilities if you include what perl can do for you. also you can parse what is going on and make the player see whatever you want them to... essentially you can make your own spell system if you are good at planning systems.

With the implementation of parsing # text by players via perl, it has become super easy to add anything I want to teh game.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Is this server up at this time? I would suspect it should be considering the post, albeit, I do not see it on the list at the moment.

Name as it appears on the server select screen?

Ah, got it.

[FV] Alakamin-Progression-30tiers-100+Races-NO DL
Old 01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davood View Post
sorry , i was referring to other people's preference for implementing "custom" content by putting their "mark" on everything that is client side.

there are over 30,000 spells to play with, and infinite possibilities if you include what perl can do for you. also you can parse what is going on and make the player see whatever you want them to... essentially you can make your own spell system if you are good at planning systems.

With the implementation of parsing # text by players via perl, it has become super easy to add anything I want to teh game.
It's pretty nifty isn't it
Old 01-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Davood
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
It's pretty nifty isn't it
it is plain W I N

whoever contributed to implementing that, thank you very much ! You saved me alot of time!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM
hilf
Fire Beetle

Just a heads up: would this server's support for RoF in the future be affected by this issue highlighted by Trev?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Davood
Discordant

Maybe.

Ive updatee my server code to tell the client they are in a shroud race... so it should be fine.... i will test as soooon as i get rof

thing is ... i can fix it if ir doesnt work.there are work arounds. thanks fir the heads up
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Davood
Discordant

One more massive update

Gods, Avatars, Worshippers and Mortals system is IN.

now players level 77+ who have completed tier 14 are able to become gods (little quest) and can have other players become their followers through interaction with a player spawnable avatar!

currently there are 200 abilities that a god player can buy to grant to his/her worshippers. I have dissalowed monsters from becoming gods

some abilities are unique to worshippers and gods and vice versa.

monsters can worship gods

as of tomorrow these changes will go live, i am going to debug it for the rest of the day so that there are no surprises tommorrow!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

This server is simply badass fun. I've been playing here for two weeks and I'm finally getting into tier 9 ( of 15 ) and from what I understand, there's more to come soon.. it's probably the most fun I've had in Eqemu!

If you start and need any help, feel free to send me a tell, I play as Brutal.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Davood
Discordant

Rof breaks monsters

ill find a work around soon i promise.

also..... tier 29 is open and ready for business... tier 30 tommorrow, and wlll go a little slower in development from here on i think... people are way behind heheheh.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

This server is extremely fun! Not only does it provide long term gameplay, it also adds in challenge that I can't find else where. There's no instant gratification here.. it's dungeon crawl at it's best.

If any of you decide to stop in, send me a tell for any help you might need

My ingame name is Brutal
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Davood
Discordant

tier 30 is open

armor quest and drops in for all raid zones up to tier 30 atm (tier 30 is endgame SoF)

im working on tiers 31-35 atm (SoD)

and i recently added/polished thousands of spell lists to npcs
Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Drajor
Developer

Davood, I don't play on your server but your dedication and persistence is inspiring!