Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:13 AM
silverwolf22
Fire Beetle

Default What's this game's problem?

I joined the EZ server because it was the most populated (Though it seems to happen on all servers) and I begin somewhere called the Arena (A big empty arena) and when I leave i'm in some area that has a big open lake and there are some weird eagle men that don't do anything when I hail them, So I swam over to the other side, Went to some mountain zone and got killed by a bear in one hit, And now i'm back in the arena. What the heck? I can't /ooc chat because it tells me I don't have permission. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the retail SoF set, Which apparently is compatable.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:25 AM
trevius
Developer

You get sent to the Arena when you create a character on any server? If so, then maybe you are somehow missing the required zone files for normal zones. Did you install SoF directly from the retail disk?

On EZ server, I think you should start in Surefall. If you are having more issues there, I would suggest sending a /petition to the GMs while in game, or posting about it on the EZ forums. I think their new forums are at:

http://ezserveronline.com/forums/
Old 04-08-2010, 03:44 AM
KLS
Administrator

The permission thing is an anti-spam mechanic, it requires you to be a certain level or of played a certain amount of time before being able to use global channels.

Obviously used to help combat people logging onto server with new accounts with the intention of spamming. It is a little hard on the very new people though; it was a sacrifice that needed to be made though unless we put up barriers to making unlimited accounts here. Which we did not want to do.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Sounds like the server admin did not set up their table to disable the crescent reach starting area for SOF clients.

The default zone for being booted when you don't have permission to enter an area is arena, so I would use whatever gate spell (if any) you have to exit the area. I know EZ has a gate charm, so you might wanna use that and bind yourself in an area other than Crescent Reach.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 PM
KingMort
Banned

Quote:
The permission thing is an anti-spam mechanic, it requires you to be a certain level or of played a certain amount of time before being able to use global channels.
Is there a way to Disable this ?

Quote:
Sounds like the server admin did not set up their table to disable the crescent reach starting area for SOF clients.
Where can one find out more information about disabling this? Or is it just Variables
Old 04-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post

Where can one find out more information about disabling this? Or is it just Variables
There is no simple, click, gone, but it is simple enough...

Rules_Values
Quote:
1 Chat:KarmaGlobalChatLimit 72 amount of karma you need to be able to talk in ooc/auction/chat below the level limit
MARK IT ZERO! - The Big Lebowski

Quote:
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!
The Dude: They're calling the cops, put the piece away.
Walter Sobchak: Mark it zero!
[points gun in Smokey's face]
The Dude: Walter...
And if that was confusing Mort, you would just set Karma needed to zero.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:43 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
Yes, set the Chat:EnableAntiSpam rule to false.

Quote:
Aye, the expansions variable should control whether they can enter crescent from the character select screen or not.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Yes, set the Chat:EnableAntiSpam rule to false.

Aye, the expansions variable should control whether they can enter crescent from the character select screen or not.
That works too 8 D.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:50 AM
trevius
Developer

They are being sent to Arena either because the expansion variable isn't set high enough or the zone is set to a higher min status or something. If you don't want SoF/SoD chars starting in Crescent Reach or wherever, you can just set the following rule to -1:

Code:
1	World:SoFStartZoneID	394	Sets the Starting Zone for SoF Clients separate from Titanium Clients (-1 is disabled)
If it is set to -1, all clients should start in the same start zone as they would in Titanium.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:07 AM
KingMort
Banned

Appreciate the help
Old 04-11-2010, 11:41 AM
BuzWeaver
Fire Beetle

I've been very happy with my experience. I appreciate all the work people put into making the EMU possible.