Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2016, 04:59 PM
Vizion
Fire Beetle

Exclamation While I am at work...

I want to present an idea, and see if it get's some traction. In my time here on the EMU I haven't seen a server like this before. (My time has been brief-ish.) I was sitting at work thinking about something I would like to play, that would be different than anything available at the moment. This is what I came up with.

Now then, before we move on, I would ask that you keyboard warriors refrain from the comments about, we don't want ideas, we want to see work being done! This is an idea. If it does gain traction and enough want to play, I have the skillset to begin working on it.

With all that being said, I am open to criticism and welcome it. I want to hear what you have to say. You thoughts, ideas, questions. Lay it on me.

Server Name: TBD
Server Idea: Prison, Hardcore, PVP
Prison Zone: Plane of Justice
Warden: (Server Owner, TBD)
Guards: Scripted NPC’s and Staff (Staff optional. They can be prisoners too!)

Starting idea: You stand in front of the judge. He is sentencing you for your crimes against humanity. As you receive your sentence, you are transported to your cell by the guards.

** Your crimes will be chosen randomly from a pool of crimes. Your sentence is also chosen randomly from the same pool. **

WARNING: Rated “R” server. This server will contain profanity, violence, and even murder. NSFW.

What will you do while in prison? Well there are a multitude of possibilities here, with an ever expanding set of options.
1. Survive. Since PVP is enabled, survival is a top priority. I want everyone to have that fear of looking over their shoulder, waiting for someone to shank/shiv them.
2. Events. Time-based events take place every day. These are scripted events that take place at X time. Whether it be chow time, or a security lockdown.
3. Gangs. These are what used to be called guilds. You can create or join a gang and rule the prison population. The rules of the gang are set by the leader of the gang. (Staff will only step in when things are getting messy.)
4. Work. Did you think you were going to prison to sit around and do nothing? Not here.
5. ETC…

Crimes. Committing a crime while in prison doesn’t go without punishment. If you are caught murdering another person. The guards can put you into solitary confinement for up to TBD amount of time. Going into solitary confinement will put you into a room by yourself and render you unable to move. If the guards are feeling a little pissy that day, they can kill you as well.

A special note: Guards do NOT have special immunities though. Should a guard unjustly murder a prisoner, they will have their guardship removed and they themselves will become a prisoner.

Economy. Well this is a tough one to do. Because it doesn’t always work out the way it is designed. So, with that being said, there are not going to be any merchants in prison. All trading will be done with other players via a physical currency. Cigarettes? Yeah, I am thinking about doing that.

Death. Death in prison is a very real thing. While you are able to continue playing as your character, you corpse and all your belongings will be left behind. You can make a full recovery by beating everyone else back to your body! In this prison, there are few ways to die. Should you neglect to eat, you will starve and die. Should you contract a disease, and do not seek medical attention, you could die. You can be murdered by another player, or even killed by a guard.

Gangs. Gangs will play a somewhat important role in the prison. Being in a gang will allow players to work together to achieve a common goal. Whether it is to escape, or do your job, your fellow gang members would be able to help. (Note: Not being in a gang doesn’t limit you from doing these things.) Having gangs in prison also allows for gang warfare. Rival gangs can engage in war with each other on the inside.