Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-27-2005, 10:42 AM
ubatch
Sarnak

Default .map and .path files?

Are these used anymore? I saw a post by someone and they said at least the .map files werent in use anymore, how about .path?

Need to know because im getting errors about .map and .path files being missing and just was curious if I need to ignore that or not...Thanks!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

You need maps files, but no .path files.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:18 AM
ubatch
Sarnak

Thank you. Can anyone explain more on what they are used for? Just curious
Old 09-27-2005, 12:07 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

.map files give you LOS which is needed to cast spells in the zones. no .map files you have no LOS which means aggresive mobs will not attack on sight. spells will not be able to be cast and you will get you can not see target when trying to cast.

.path files i dunno want they do or what there for.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:04 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Thank answers a question about my KOS mobs not attacking me or guards not working prolly.....Thanks.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:05 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Here's a question...If you've seen my "Catching mob crash..." posts...do you think by NOT having .map files, that it'd screw up killing mobs w/ pets?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:20 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

missing .map file's woudn't cause that issue. i just recently dowloaded the zip of all the zones .map files for my 6.2 server. on my 6.0 - 6.1 servers i did not have all the .map files for all the zones that were populated and never had that issue in zones that had missing .map files.

I believe WildcardX got that same error whe he compiled his 6.2 binariers and believe i saw a post stating that there was a fix on the board somewhere for this issue on a different version of eqemu but not sure. my opinion would be it is not a DB issue but a binary issue or a compile issue (one of the files in the source has an error in it when it was compiled) for the version your useing.