Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Default suggestion: on patchs and emu..

I have been in this community 1-2 years. And i have to say that i hate when u release a new emu compatible with eq live, and we get back a lot of bugs. I think that we already have a good version of emu with all expansions, then why not hold this eq client forever or at least until we will get a perfect server?
Old 11-24-2005, 03:11 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Read the news forum
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:57 AM
solid11
Discordant

Good idea Arex, I bet a gagillion dollars they stick with one version and make it GRREEEEEAAAAATTT !!! =)
Old 11-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arex
I have been in this community 1-2 years. And i have to say that i hate when u release a new emu compatible with eq live, and we get back a lot of bugs. I think that we already have a good version of emu with all expansions, then why not hold this eq client forever or at least until we will get a perfect server?
Wow... wtf. One thing to say to this person: You DO know how to read... RIGHT?

I lied... more to say.
Quote:
DO NOT PATCH ON 9/13 OR LATER - 9/13 EQ Patch Breaks 0.6.2 (Which we are freezing on)
Wtf are you retarted? For someone who has been here 1-2 years im surprised you are dumb enough to post something like this.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Quote:
Wtf are you retarted? For someone who has been here 1-2 years im surprised you are dumb enough to post something like this.
no, i am not retarded, how about u father or u mother, or u self? eh bastard? i am not saying that dev use eq client 9/13 for a long time, i am suggesting that they use this client for ever, or until emu will be TOTALLY PERFECT.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:30 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

1) we dont have enough packet collects from this client to implement everything correctly.
2) since we cannot distribute this client, it makes it very difficult on new people. You get written consent from sony to distribute this version of the client executable to rightful owners of the game (without drawing heat to us), and we'll talk.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:01 AM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Do you understand what you are asking? Do you understand what they mean when they say we are "freezing" on it? If you have been a member for so long, than why have you not READ the article on this that stated "We will NOT be trying to catch live"? Even if we did sooner or later, you would just have to deal. The EQEmu client will most likely NEVER be PERFECT. If you would like to change that by actually helping and collecting data from EQLive than please do so. In the mean time, do not complain that it is too buggy for you.

Quote:
...or atleast untill we get a perfect server
Try SoD or PEQ's server. They are about as damn near perfect as your expecting us to be.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

C'mon guys, no need to overreact here.
This has been covered elsewhere and I'm not liking where this thread is going.
Thread locked.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Closed Thread