Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Battleaxus
Fire Beetle

Default Ok i have to say this

your agruments about custom patchers and so forth being ilegal while valid really show simple lazieness on your parts, right along with turning new members away with your shoddy attitudes towards questions.

FIRST of all as a developer of other software I mustpoint out that this entire PROJECT is ilegal and in violation of every copyright law in the world more then likely.

I find the general responces to posts Rude, uncouth and rather imature to say the least. The "idiots Section" is by far the most ignorant thing i have ever seen any development or support staff do in 25 years in the programminga nd IT field. I for one and quite glad to not be able to run this software due to the incompatability of the emu with a recent version of EQLive.

I personally think this "project" is run by a bunchof teenagers, and their immaturity shows through in almost every flame reply they make to people asking valid questions
Old 02-28-2006, 06:08 AM
Battleaxus
Fire Beetle

also i wonder how well sonywill appreciate someone reporting your little project... just a thought
Old 02-28-2006, 06:24 AM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

Well I imagine if you had been around here for longer then 2 weeks you would realize that the same question gets asked a million times, the answer is always the same. This message board is like the other millions out there, read the rules first, anyone who has even been on any board knows READ THE RULES FIRST. If you dont read the rules and ask the forbidden question or you just ignore the rules and ask the forbidden question, or you are just to lazy to use the search button you deserve to get flamed or pointed to the rules. Also post a link to some of the stuff you have worked on, I would like to see how much work you got done while posting delicate friendly answers to every bone head who had a stupid question that has already been answered. Just IMO you couldn't get a working client so your crying which would make you immature aswell.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Debacle
Fire Beetle

Quote:
your agruments about custom patchers and so forth being ilegal while valid really show simple lazieness on your parts, right along with turning new members away with your shoddy attitudes towards questions.

FIRST of all as a developer of other software I mustpoint out that this entire PROJECT is ilegal and in violation of every copyright law in the world more then likely.

I find the general responces to posts Rude, uncouth and rather imature to say the least. The "idiots Section" is by far the most ignorant thing i have ever seen any development or support staff do in 25 years in the programminga nd IT field. I for one and quite glad to not be able to run this software due to the incompatability of the emu with a recent version of EQLive.

I personally think this "project" is run by a bunchof teenagers, and their immaturity shows through in almost every flame reply they make to people asking valid questions
Here, this may help -

Sorry, I will now return to my previous level of maturity. After reading your post, I felt the need to bring myself down to a level you would understand.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:16 AM
MrJag
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleaxus
The "idiots Section" is by far the most ignorant thing i have ever seen any development or support staff do in 25 years in the programminga nd IT field.
wow thats funny , while reading your post i thought you was applying
for that section

Former Server Op
Iron Tower Server
Old 02-28-2006, 11:13 AM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Talking

Quote:

I would not be suprise if SOE is help funding the project. Lol
Don't worry you probally will never be able to play EQEMU. So save your money and go play LIVE. It's right for you. For far as SOE not knowing this project has been around for a long time and you think SOE does not know. OMG do us a favor go tell SOE for us.

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
So while we're dead on, we're lazy about not fighting Sony?

Quote:
I, too, am also a developer. Not professionally, granted, however, I do develop. Now that we're on an even playing ground, I am fascinated to hear some examples as to where in any law in the United States or European Union that EverQuest Server emulation is illegal.

Quote:
There is a difference between ignorance and making a statement. That statement is that too many people come here asking where everything is when its right on the wiki, or without reading the forum rules. Now, if you're horribly offended that you posted something that got dumped into that subforum, hopefully you'll understand the message.

Quote:
This "project"? Being in the "Programming and IT field" for 25 years, I must say that you seem to have some nerve to come here and denounce the integrity of the project without even having been able to run the software. The wiki is filled with all the documentation you need to run the software, and if you do not have a compatible client, that is unfortunate. Holding a grude against people with no sympathy for people who are ignorant of the documentation is not going to get you or I anywhere, sir.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:00 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

This thread is being moved to "General Discussion" since there isn't any actual support request in the original poster's writing. As some of the respondents have already pointed out, you're much better off if you read the rules and documentation -- and pay attention to where you're posting -- before you post.

Everything you said's all been said before. Same arguments. Yes, SOE is aware of our project and a few of our ex-devs have even talked to Smedley before. At this time I'll insert a shameless plug for my wiki article: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...otPatchWarning
It pretty much addresses most of the points you've made.

I noticed your join date was January, so you've had time to keep up lately with current events around here. If you've bothered to check, you should know that there is some talk of making EQEmu compatible with the Titanium CD's. No guarantees, but there is talk. We'd love to stay compatible with live constantly, but we just don't have the resources to do that. Sorry, life sucks sometimes (I think that's what I said in my article too )

If this thread remains at least a little constructive by some stretch of the imagination, it'll be allowed to remain. Reminder that personal attacks are prohibited -- that goes for everyone. If it gets out of hand, I or one of your friendly neighborhood mods/admins be putting the padlock on this post, and we've got a few padlocks set aside for... other purposes... if need be :o
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:11 PM
solid11
Discordant

LOL, your sooooo subtle way of saying you may drop ol Sony a line about what's going on with this site was a gut buster. You think your the first one to be pissed with this site and sent Sony a letter about what's going on? If anything was gonna happen, I'm betting it would have in the last 6+ years by now. Also for someone so educated and experienced, your grammar and spelling sucks my friend. Get your ducks in a row before aiming those stones in that glass house of yours.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

This is just another flame post !
Why answer ? that make nothing...

rangerdown i like your wiki page :
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...otPatchWarning
that a good text
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.

Last edited by Belfedia; 03-01-2006 at 03:49 AM..
Old 03-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Demi-God

You come here and call everyone immature teenagers and then you post an immediate reply with an indirect threat to get us reported to Sony, maybe its you who needs to grow up. I don't agree about their stance on the patcher but that doesn't mean they control the emulation servers, all this shows me is that you did not attempt to search and any SMART developer would know how to get what he/she needs.

Rest of your post proves you are not a programmer and your position in the IT business is that of a janitor or some low end customer support person, grats on that.

By the way if you are going to come here with an attitude atleast try and construct a post with proper spelling, thanks.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.

Last edited by image; 03-01-2006 at 01:40 PM..
Old 03-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Minlail
Sarnak

someone got owned...its not even worth continuing to bash you...
Old 03-01-2006, 11:30 AM
johane
Sarnak

Quote:
Do you mean the Berne Convention? Or are you talking about parochial systems specific to countries like the USA?
Quote:
25 years hmmm? That puts you as a contemporay of myself. It's no wonder the youth of today are losing respect for our generation when they read posts like that. What kind of machines were you using back then? I was using KL10 on twenex and lots of PDP series machines, as well as the odd job on CDC systems.

Or does "25 years in the programminga nd IT field" mean you were a cash register tech, or a postal sorter operator?

BTW, for those who don't know (because your teenagers I guess) you have to beware of us old farts claiming they are IT gurus due to the experience they had in the old days. A lot of so called "programmers" of the late 70s and early 80s were Operators, who were "programmers" in that they gave machines instructions, but their jobs were mainly:

Changing tapes.
Changing Disk Packs.
Following the instructions from the huge bookcase full of manuals to solve the odd problems that might come up.

Most Operators couldn't actually write code in anything other than JCL. Especially not in that new-fangled "C" - and anyway, that was only for those UNIX systems, and everyone knew they'd never amount to anything outside Universities....
Old 03-01-2006, 12:08 PM
mattmeck

The post above mine has to be one of the best responces to a BS thread I have ever seen.

I am humbled to see that here on this site.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

What I do for a living is considered by most to be Counter Intelligence...
........................................So if you ever walk up to my counter I will have to ask if you would like some fries with that !

What one says they do or have done may be something entirely different from what they actually do.............

Programming and IT field ? for 25 years? does that not require umpteen zillion hours pecking away at a keyboard? I saw a child on a computer for the first time have less typos then a certain somebody .......Lol.........Lol.....One more time ...LOL ..

Game Gallery

My Forums

Closed Thread