Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

Default Rage of Chaos

This is the new project I am working on. It is currently in Alpha mode as I test the great 6.6/7.0 as Ive never worked with anything higher than 6.0. i have to say, im truly very impressed. So many awesome additions.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:34 AM
Qinamen
Sarnak

Yes, it IS truly amazing
*looks at 7.0 in awe*
When will the release date be?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qinamen
Yes, it IS truly amazing
*looks at 7.0 in awe*
When will the release date be?
As soon as I get everything set up correctly and set up gtg.

Alpha is out, like I said. #si and such is enabled for this time.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

Just another update, We are currently running 0.7.0 and would like to get any advise from the players and see what you guys want to see in a server. Perhaps PvP points that you can spend, or maybe just PvP stats so you can see the top player.

Anything that you would like to see ingame we are open and willing to suggestions.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Daiken
Fire Beetle

Default Anni/Qina eat poopy

non gimped BST pets!! ^^

Ok seriously, I liked where you guys had Empire heading, Only thing is i'd like to see a little more variety in weapons, namely in the HtH area. Maybe make some quests like the Epic Quests you had in EMpire only make them for other pieces of gear, not just weapons, maybe Rings or Earrings.

PvP points are always a goodin, but with that you limit what can be dropped by mobs and quested. You then also have to worry about charging the right amt for items available. Like why would an SK spend 2500 points on a Mith 2h, when he can get a Soul Leech from 1 of the PoF Golems. You also have to worry about balancing the items available between the classes.

Points get a thumbs up from me over all.

I'll think of more later on, i'm sure.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

Yes, PvP points would be good in some ways, but like every idea, there's cons. I like to be able to set up loot tables in tiers. Such as Tier 1 would be newb armor, or level 1-20 or so armor, therefore by putting in spendable PvP points it makes it so I would have to limit my tiers and set them up different. I was thinking perhaps just going with non-spendable PvP points, just a way to keep track of the top PvPer. I'll be putting in one or the other hopefully soon.

Also, Leet Productions will have to move to a slow home cable line if we don't get some donations soon. If we can get just about 30 more dollars then we should be good to go, you can send paypal amounts to melodylein@yahoo.com and if you want to snail mail them, just get ahold of me in a PM.

I just wanted to also thank all the players that make us deving our servers possible, just remember, our servers are ran mainly by player ideas and donations.

~Annihilation
Old 04-19-2006, 11:11 AM
jimbabwe
Hill Giant

Default pvp awards

I've never played empires, but I've watched many a mmorpg mature. I'm taking examples from DAoC here. They had points you could earn through pvp victories, and you could buy skills with them. Thus you could square off with an opponent, and they would appear equivalent to your skill, however they would be victorious because of these inherent, and invisible abilities.

I think an interesting idea to try would be to implement some sort of expendible items(potions, etc.) you could buy with pvp points. Thus they're not permanent additions to your character, but would improve your ability temporarily, not creating a series systematic failures for the other characters.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Funno
Fire Beetle

are you gonna put item loot in or no?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Daiken
Fire Beetle

Cash + 1 Item is a given in my opinion ^^, yes/no, Anni?
Old 04-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Funno
Fire Beetle

dont make weapons lootable item
Old 04-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

Coins+1 item, yes, that will more likely than not be implemented.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that leveling is quite slow even with #si, so I know I'll have to speed it up with release.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:05 AM
Daiken
Fire Beetle

Yeah next week when i get paid i'll try and kick you guys the $$.