Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:53 AM
zpickle7
Fire Beetle

Default OpenGL Question

I've been playing on EQemu for awhile, but decided to go back to try the real EQ. Looking back on it, I believe I should have completely uninstalled EQ before I updated the game. Now it seems, even though I'm playing on the live servers and everything's cool, I'm still seeing the somewhat muddy openGL graphics from EQemu. Will I have to reinstall or is there anyway I can go back to my client using DirectX instead of openGL?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I really wasn't sure just what section of the forums that this question would be classified under.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Your eqclient for eqemu or live use only directx ???
What about opengl ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:23 AM
zpickle7
Fire Beetle

I guess this "is" more of a support type post so if any mod wishes to do so, please move it into the support forums. again, sorry :(

Well, is it not true that EQemu uses OpenGL for it's graphics instead of DirectX and certain things look different, like low quality textures, muddy graphics, etc.
Well, when I patched to live and play on live, I seem to get the same OpenGL type graphics.