Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Avaran
Fire Beetle

Default Trouble setting up Server

I'm following the directions on the Wiki word for word...

Quote:
Perl

Install ActivePerl 5.8 to C:\perl
After installation is complete, click "Start" then "Run" and type in "ppm" and press Enter.
In the PPM window, you will now need to install 3 packages. Do this by typing the following.
"Install DBI"
"Install DBD-mysql"
"Install IO-stringy"

After all 3 are installed, close the PPM window.
When I run the ppm I get a command prompt, then I type in 'Install DBI' and it accepts the command, but nothing happens.

I'm running windows XP, and I have done everything up to this point including installing the MySQL CC.

Thank you!
-Av
Old 07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Avaran
Fire Beetle

It seems like the PPM can't connect to download the DBI. I am running windows XP pro without the firewall enabled. I route my network through a netgear router that's connected to my DSL.

The computer i'm trying to run PPM from can load the internet just fine and all the other internet applications work, just not this one.

Has anyone encountered this type of problem while installing Active Perl on their windows xp box?

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:52 PM
justplaininsane
Fire Beetle

yes, i had that problem often during setup. i think the servers that host ActivePearl are taken down periodically (maintenance perhaps?). first time that happened was when i tried to actually download the .msi file itself. then i finally managed to get it and started my installation but had to stop for the day. next day i got it installed but again it couldn't connect to get any of the 3 ppm installs. went back the next day and it was fine again.

point of the story, give it a day and try again. perhaps try during different timeframes (ie- when they don't have it taken down).

hope this helps!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Avaran
Fire Beetle

Certainly does, thanks!