Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Fatband
Fire Beetle

Question Nektulos Forest

How do i get Nektulos Forest to work? i tried zoning from neriak and commons and i end up in the middle of no place.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:13 AM
kripsinkurehall
Sarnak

The reason you are ending up in the middle of no where is because the EQEmu uses the zone line information from the old Nek Forest, Lavastorm and Bazaar zones. Titanium by default has the new zones.

I personally haven't gotten around to fixing the zoneline information for those zones in my database, yet.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatband
How do i get Nektulos Forest to work? i tried zoning from neriak and commons and i end up in the middle of no place.
Do a search for the Netkulos zone problem , and you'll get a lot of answers
Old 08-05-2006, 03:47 AM
mrea
Discordant

I think you can just delete the new zone file and it'll revert to the old (working) one

Old 09-07-2006, 01:03 PM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

I've read up on the fixes and attempted to do them myself. I went to the locations where the zone in should occur, and using /loc, got the location (in y,x,z format since it's /loc and not #loc). I went into the SQL Dbase and adjusted the Zone_Point table accordingly for nektulos. I now have it properly working to zone from NeriakA to Nektulos, however if I try to zone back to Neriaka, it doesn't work. I've made the adjustments to Nektulos and double checked them. They are accurate, and I didn't get my y, x, z mixed up. I also did this same thing for Lavastorm and Ecommons, and couldn't get it working. Ecommons zones me into Nektulos through a cooridoor like normal, but if you follow the cooridoor to the end, you hit a grey stop. Lavastorm just doesn't even attempt to zone in either direction.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Should work fine, by just deleting the "zone".eqg file - what database are you using?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:08 PM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

what if nek forest still greyed and their is no .eqg file for it? i cant seem to fix i just avoid nek forest
Old 09-07-2006, 03:10 PM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Does it work fine with the latest one released on (I believe) July 16? I have yet to try.

Do what Angelox said and delete your .eqg files for those zones.

For me, I had problems with zone lines and such afterwards. Porting into lavastorm yielded me stuck beneath the ground ducking underneath lava and unable to swim (a very, very prolonged death, until you drown or burn to death). Porting into nektulos was a 500 damage fall. Neriak zoned me into nektulos from ecommons. Zones from lavastorm to soldunga worked, but the nektulos to ecommons did not. Never tried anything else.

These problems may have been changed with latest database updates. Make sure you are using the latest database, whether it be custom built or from the PEQ website at www.projecteq.net. If you have no control over the database, then I would suggest contacting your database/server administrator.

Last edited by InsaneWallaby; 09-07-2006 at 11:12 PM..
Old 09-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueberry
what if nek forest still greyed and their is no .eqg file for it? i cant seem to fix i just avoid nek forest
This could also be related to your pixel - shader settings on you client - I forgot how it went, but I had to play around with those too.

Last edited by Angelox; 09-08-2006 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneWallaby
Does it work fine with the latest one released on (I believe) July 16? I have yet to try.

Do what Angelox said and delete your .eqg files for those zones.

For me, I had problems with zone lines and such afterwards. Porting into lavastorm yielded me stuck beneath the ground ducking underneath lava and unable to swim (a very, very prolonged death, until you drown or burn to death). Porting into nektulos was a 500 damage fall. Neriak zoned me into nektulos from ecommons. Zones from lavastorm to soldunga worked, but the nektulos to ecommons did not. Never tried anything else.

These problems may have been changed with latest database updates. Make sure you are using the latest database, whether it be custom built or from the PEQ website at www.projecteq.net. If you have no control over the database, then I would suggest contacting your database/server administrator.
I think if we can ever get the newer eqg files converted to map, it will solve a lot.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:23 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I think this tool will be highly desirable - as the current one made by Windcatcher only allows custom zones and does not load in live eq maps. This tool's pascal source is available, but it's pretty complicated.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//