Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:10 PM
GloinzSZ
Fire Beetle

Default Sullon Zek PvP Server

Annoucing... Sullon Zek
A Everquest Classic, Oldworld style server
Been in production for just under a year.
Level Cap: 50
Zone's are mostly like they were pre kunark. There are changes and additions for people to find, more gear was put in, but with old world style balance.
Xp rate is increased.
http://www.sullonzek.net/forum/ for more details

PVP RULESET
Sullon Zek is our servername, and thats because we feature many of the things Sullon Zek had, with few changes.
1. PvP combat can occur between any characters that are not on the same team, regardless of level. A level 50 character can kill a level 6 character if that character is not a member of his alliance.
2. Characters will be immune to PvP combat until level 6.
3. Characters lose experience when killed in PvP combat if the character that killed them is within 5 levels. The amount of experience lost will be the same amount that is lost if that character is killed by an NPC. Your corpse can be resurrected by a cleric to partially restore lost experience.
4. Characters will be able to loot all coins AND one item from other characters that they kill, and then only if the victim was within 5 levels of the killer. Only the character getting the killing blow will be able to loot the corpse.
5. Players may only have three character at a time on this server. However, all of these characters must be on the same team This should allow some freedom to create new characters without invalidating the team system.
6. Characters will not be able to group with anyone that is not on their Deity Team.
7. Characters will not be able to invite someone to join their guild that is not on their Deity Team.
8. /consider will only display a message indicating what team the target is on. Members of your own team will be displayed as an ally.
9. Guards will only help in pvp if they are the race of the person being attacked. Don't attack a dwarf near dwarf guards, etc.
10. Training, corpse camping, bind camping, is all perfectly legal.
11. No character will be able to bind in dungeon zones.
12. There will be 'insignia' dropped on the corpses of characters over 20th level that are killed by another character. You can use a forge to upgrade 10 minor insignias to a regular, 10 regular to a greater, and 10 greater to a superior, which will be used to buy things like corpse summon potion.
13. The Hide skill and all 'invisibility' spells will cause player characters to lose targeting on the character that has hidden or gone invisible.

Yes Item loot is in, and bagging will just lose you a bag of items.
The 'Teams':
The Good Alliance consists of: Erollisi Marr, Mithaniel Marr, Rodcet Nife, Quellious, Tunare
The Evil Alliance consists of: Bertoxxulous, Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, Rallos Zek
The Neutral Alliance consists of: Brell Serilis, Bristlebane, Karana, Prexus, Solusek Ro, The Tribunal, and Veeshan.
No agnostic's.

Hacks/Cheats
NO HACKS, we attempt to make hacks disabled on server, but if all else fails, anyone caught doing any kind of exploit using a program like macroquest or something, ban for life. Cheaters punished harshly.

Server is hosted for free reliably, no donations, no problems with favoritism or none of that hooplah.
Sony sueing us: The man will be beaten down if this server grows and sony tries to shut us down.

http://www.sullonzek.net/forum/ for more details
Old 08-20-2006, 03:40 PM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

Ok few problems

your server isnt up to date i cant log in it but i can log into other servers

second your forums i registered but im denied access to all your topics lol so i cant post there.
i really wanna play this server
Old 08-20-2006, 04:20 PM
GloinzSZ
Fire Beetle

need to read the forums for play issues

and did you confirm your email for forum issue? i just had someone test it and they had no problem posting

<<Edited for content, Mattmeck>>

Last edited by mattmeck; 08-21-2006 at 02:58 AM..
Old 08-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Ellie
Sarnak

Who's running this server Gloin, you or someone else? And can you clarify what you mean about the /con? So basically you have no way to tell what level a person is by conning them, just of they are on your team? Is anon disabled?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:08 PM
GloinzSZ
Fire Beetle

someone else, and go con someone, anon is on (because this server will grow so large ya kno)
Old 08-21-2006, 10:15 PM
GloinzSZ
Fire Beetle

btw server updated to 7.0
Old 08-23-2006, 06:11 PM
joedan
Sarnak

I'll play after BETA, dont want to deal with remaking a guy once it goes live. Although I agree everything kinda needs to be wiped, I just dont have the time to do it at the moment :(
Old 08-23-2006, 09:09 PM
GloinzSZ
Fire Beetle

as its looking probably wont be a need for a wipe
Old 08-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Smedy
Sarnak

Well wipe is nessesary for real mmorpg games, but emu is such a small community, probably the players that are on the server now are the ones thats gonna be there when the server opens anyway, so a wipe might not be nessesary.

Im on the server and i like it! Keep up the good work guys
Old 09-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Smeeg
Sarnak

Just wanted to Bump this thread. This server is awesome, great old school PvP.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:56 AM
EverCrackAj
Fire Beetle

Default sounds like the last stand

this sounds like the server "The last stand that was saposed to be comming up. but there is something different about it. i dont know what it is.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:54 AM
joedan
Sarnak

I heard the exp was way too high on thsi server, if it was 1x id be all over it
Old 09-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Barl
Sarnak

It is in no way to high, it is perfect imo, takes 2 days if you have a good group and everything runs smoothly... Come make a char and get gg'ed
Old 09-07-2006, 07:42 AM
craig069
Fire Beetle

Default issues needing looking into?

I'd post this on your website, but it appears to be down.

I'm going after some resist gear, and have found several problems with quests and mobs inside of everfrost and permafrost.

The king goblin in permafrost has yet to drop anything other than blue ice crystals and various common zone wide drops. The goblin preacher has dropped his common drop about 15 times so far (the mace). Is that the only item on his loot table? The jailkeeper and the scryer have both dropped nothing each time they have been killed. The archaelogist has yet to spawn, having killed his PHer, again, around 15 times.

In everfrost, karg icebear's quest is broken (for the icebear cape). Killing him twice (after attempting said quest) also results in zero drops. Martar icebear has been killed 6 times, and has dropped nothing for me (looking for the cape again, specifically).
Old 09-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Drewkime

Sounds like a really nice server btw.

I know this is "Classic" but can u still get Iksar monks or is it only Humans?

thanks