Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:00 AM
S.Hiko_1214
Fire Beetle

Default Wondering if I can start a server.

I read the requirements for making a server, and I wasn't sure. I want to run the server on my old computer. It has 512mb ram, and a 1.8 p4 Processor. I doubt its even HT.

I only want to make it so my friend and I can play.

I also have this computer which is 2.8ghz HT, 1gb ram.

Is there another way I could make the server by using both computers, but still being able to play on this one?

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:15 AM
wize_one
Dragon

bump the mem up to 1 gig in the other machine, install linux, download and compile emu source, setup db, finish config, instant server
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

You could run you server on the 1.8 P4 machine, then play from the 2.8 gig machine.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 AM
S.Hiko_1214
Fire Beetle

would the server run smoothly?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:57 AM
mattmeck

for 2 people yes.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Hiko_1214
would the server run smoothly?
I am running on a 1.4ghz with 512mb ram currently and have over 60+ zones loaded with no problems, even had a full 30 person guild raiding fear at one time with no lag or slow downs on the server.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 09-14-2006, 02:12 PM
S.Hiko_1214
Fire Beetle

This question is a little off topic, but I'm setting up the server with the Setup Guide For 0.7.0.

I'm at the step where I am installing cavedudes serverpack. It asked me to give the file path for EQ, which isn't on the old computer. So am I right to assume that i need the titanium version installed on that computer as well before I continue the installation?

Also, whats the difference between "PEQ" and the cavedude, and where does minilogin fit in?

I'm not trying to make the server lan for the possibility of my friend joining me accross country. What do I do??
Old 09-14-2006, 02:33 PM
vales
Discordant

Quote:
I'm at the step where I am installing cavedudes serverpack. It asked me to give the file path for EQ, which isn't on the old computer. So am I right to assume that i need the titanium version installed on that computer as well before I continue the installation?
Nope. Just copy your spells_en.txt and spells_us.txt from your EQ installation folder to the directory where you installed EQEmu. The installation is asking for the directory where you installed EQ so it can change the shortcut and eqhosts.txt file. You can easily change both yourself.

Quote:
Also, whats the difference between "PEQ" and the cavedude, and where does minilogin fit in?
Do a search. This has been asked a hundred times already. :p
PEQ = Live like, quests.
Cavedude = More spawned areas, no quests.

Quote:
I'm not trying to make the server lan for the possibility of my friend joining me accross country. What do I do??
Minilogin = LAN Based. You can use it for internet based connections (your friend), but it can get tricky as you start to add mroe connections since it verifes accounts via IP number. There's tons of topics on this as well where you can get it to work with Hamachi, SQL scripts, etc.

Public = Need a Login Account that you can create from here in your contol options under your account (bottom left). This is much easier as it keeps track of accounts besed on Login and Passwords. Just lock the server or something so no one else can get in. Set up GM accounts for you and your friend if you want, and you're ready to go.

You should read up on the wikki or guides posted here. It's really self explanitory and easy to set up. All you need is basic networking knowledge. I can explainall of it in much more detail, but why type it all up if it's already been posted so many times? :p

Last edited by vales; 09-14-2006 at 10:36 PM..
Old 09-14-2006, 02:52 PM
S.Hiko_1214
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vales
Nope. Just copy your spells_en.txt and spells_us.txt from your EQ installation folder to the directory where you installed EQEmu. The installation is asking for the directory where you installed EQ so it can change the shortcut and eqhosts.txt file. You can easily change both yourself.
Ok, so even though EQ is not installed on the computer I want to put the server on I can just copy the file from the computer that does?

and thanks for the help
Old 09-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

You're going to have to do some searching of your own. else you're wear things out, then when you're really stuck, no one will pay attention.