Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:10 PM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

Default winlauncher problem

Hello all love eq emu anyways since i got a new comp it had AMD dual core processor.

and i cant play eq emu unless its buggy but i got WINlauncher XP progwram to fix this . well i cant use the shortcut with the correct path in it. and i have to use the eqgame.exe for it.. how do i change the path for the eqgame.exe so i can use winlaunch to play? thanks i searched for this topic nothing came up for my issue with the core fix problem
Old 04-25-2007, 06:25 AM
techguy84
Discordant

I dont know about the Winlauncher thing, but you could try solution number two at this link. This should fix your problem.

http://www.nonessential.org/2006/06/...ual-core-cpus/

Also, if it dont, try loading Eq and then going to your Task Manager, Click on Process Tab and then right click on your Everquest process and then go to Set affinitly and make sure only one CPU is selected, not both of them.

I use Intel so I have not had a dual core issue like this.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:58 AM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

Thanks alot bro it fixed it =)

now time to find a good pvp server and im set
Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 AM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

ok ran into another probelm.

the fix works but after being on the game for awhile the dual core starts to kick in and it gets all crazy again. the runfirst prog doesnt work right with emulator.

soo when i try the task manager then under processes i try to set affinty and it says "access denied"?
anyone know if some of my settings are interfering.

p.s. i gotta restart my whole comp just to make dual core fix work again and it only lasts an hour or so
Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 AM
mattmeck

there is several fixes for this on the EQ forums, there is several programs you can DL (from SOE and your manufacturer)

Also, if you right click the EQ icon, select run as, then admin (insert user / pass), this will set the prioraty of EQ on one processor.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Several post on this, here and everywhere else. I dont have the issue, but if I did, I could fix it in about 2 min, just from using my good friend google.

Things like, Everquest Dual Core Fix should do the trick. Or Everquest AMD Fix, or Everquest Messed up Graphics Fix.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:04 PM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

Yes ive done all of the fixes you say one fixes it but for a short time the set affiny thing it says my acct has admin access but i still be denied, and i seearch all over google most these progs to use are impossible with the way eq emu is swet up cause we have to use the icon. im still trying but i think im jsut stuck with this one fix even though it doesnt remove it permenantly
Old 05-01-2007, 03:52 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Did you do these steps

Quote:
1. Install the Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core driver from AMD.

Info: AMD Info
Download: http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...ies/amdcpu.exe

2. Install the Microsoft Windows XP Dual Core hotfix.

Info: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=896256
Download: http://www.amdzone.com/files/WinXPdualcorehotfix.exe
As far as my knowledge goes, this is the offical fix issued by both AMD and Microsoft, for any and all X2 issues.

Last edited by techguy84; 05-01-2007 at 11:54 PM..
Old 05-02-2007, 08:24 AM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

yes thats the one thats working, i might just install both those again and hopefully it will permenatly fix it for long playing time on eq. but thanks for helping me with this annoying problem
Old 05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
techguy84
Discordant

100% of all problems are annoying. Other than that, hope things go good for you.

Hmm, I think that might go into my sig.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:26 AM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

Ok i found my problem!!! Success, thanks to the help of a person on PEQ server. now if none of these fixes work for anyone download this optimize!

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...1_9706,00.html

Fixed my problems for good. Or search "amd dual optimizer" and the first one in the search.

now some poor soul doesn't have to go through all the trouble i did and will hopefully find it here =D.