Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Hellbend
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the info, Link.

Really,if we are waiting 2 years for this good notices, i think we have not problem to wait some more time.

But ... while we wait... its possible help with other things? capturing,etc?

If someone know a way to help while LE return (if he return to this project (please, please, please)) ,please, let me know. It's a pleasure for me help if possible, not problem with the time required, I have a cibercafe with a lot of time free (and I can be a LAN betatester in the furute if needed)

By the moment, I will don't put more pressure over LE and all people that make the emulator possible. It's not the best way to see soon the emulator up.
Thanks guys for your work !!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:35 PM
link2009
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbend
Thanks for the info, Link.

Really,if we are waiting 2 years for this good notices, i think we have not problem to wait some more time.

But ... while we wait... its possible help with other things? capturing,etc?

If someone know a way to help while LE return (if he return to this project (please, please, please)) ,please, let me know. It's a pleasure for me help if possible, not problem with the time required, I have a cibercafe with a lot of time free (and I can be a LAN betatester in the furute if needed)

By the moment, I will don't put more pressure over LE and all people that make the emulator possible. It's not the best way to see soon the emulator up.
Thanks guys for your work !!
Well, for now, I think LE should assemble a new Dev team based solely on the EQ2-Emu.

A lot of people have been asking me if they can help, but for now, all we can do is wait for LE to make his first move. Glad to see your interested in this project too
Old 05-10-2007, 07:43 AM
LethalEncounter
Former Administrator/Developer

You misunderstood me. IF I continue the project the LOGIN server will remain closed source. IF I continued then I might eventually release a minilogin as well. World source has and will always remain open source. I used to have a script that uploaded the latest stuff from my svn server to the public cvs server at sourceforge. I am currently in the process of getting all this as well as the website working again on one of my local servers. Once it is working again, it will allow you to create new servers/accounts on the public login server. Regardless of whether I decide to work on the project or not, I will still open up the login server and my latest world source as soon as I get everything setup again.

You can connect to my public login server at lethalencounter.eq2emulator.net if you meet the following criteria:

1. You already have an account on the old login server
AND
2. You had a version that was previously working with the emu

Quote:
Originally Posted by link2009
I've spoken with LE numerous times.

So, here's the current status of the EQ2 Emulator Project:

• The old 18 Month Source Code is available at the CVS Repository.
  • LE has the current Login Server and it's database.
  • His 'new' version is currently 'closed-source', which is why we'll have to wait until he decides to release it to the public to actually test the emulator first-hand.
  • And finally, if he decides to continue his GREAT () project, then the source will remain closed or if he decides he wants to give it to the developers, we'll all get our dirty hands over it.
Any questions?
Old 05-13-2007, 07:34 AM
alfa24t
Fire Beetle

Any one could tell me the game build revision need for log in ?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:37 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

It would probably Vanilla EQ2 with no patches. right?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:13 AM
alfa24t
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabClaw
It would probably Vanilla EQ2 with no patches. right?
Sorry but I'm French EQ2 Vanilla = fresh install of US game version ? or where I can found this version please ?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:36 AM
LethalEncounter
Former Administrator/Developer

I dont think it matters if you have a different language version. If I got it fixed, it would work for your version as well.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:44 AM
alfa24t
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalEncounter
I dont think it matters if you have a different language version. If I got it fixed, it would work for your version as well.
L E.... I love you :P
Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Known version to work:

SOEBuild= 1700+

Easiest way to know is by installing Vanilla EQ2 (Yes, from your CDs or DVDs) and attemp to connect. If you get a client patching error, then your version is outdated.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:50 PM
alfa24t
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by link2009
Known version to work:

SOEBuild= 1700+

Easiest way to know is by installing Vanilla EQ2 (Yes, from your CDs or DVDs) and attemp to connect. If you get a client patching error, then your version is outdated.
My version form french DVD is "SOEBuild= 1360" :P
Old 05-14-2007, 12:56 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

(*laughs*) Sorry if I confused you with the slang for 'generic-unpatched' EQ2, I might as well said Cherry EQ2! But yes, it means an install straight from the CDs.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:39 AM
alfa24t
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabClaw
(*laughs*) Sorry if I confused you with the slang for 'generic-unpatched' EQ2, I might as well said Cherry EQ2! But yes, it means an install straight from the CDs.

French version (on DVD) is too old :P or maybe the SOEBuild version corresponding with language.

I have buy a DVD of EQ2 US version, waiting for and after go test ^^
Old 05-14-2007, 07:42 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa24t
French version (on DVD) is too old :P or maybe the SOEBuild version corresponding with language.

I have buy a DVD of EQ2 US version, waiting for and after go test ^^
Don't buy the US Version. I have the exact same build as you. I'm trying to get it to work as we speak, I'll give you more information later.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:43 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I'm sorry, did anyone else find "French Vanilla" just a little funny?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
I'm sorry, did anyone else find "French Vanilla" just a little funny?
I found
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab Claw
Cherry EQ2
funny .