Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Halamafx
Fire Beetle

Default Semi-Legit Normal Exp?

Thats what im looking for.. The normal everquest grind for lvl's but i want the ability to summon items.. so basicly I can lvl up Twinks like i loved doing in Everquest. If anyone knows of a server like this let me know.. Might even warrent a couple donations to the server to keep it running if i like it ^_^
Old 07-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

all those who hate twinks please raise your hand ..../raises both hands

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 07-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Halamafx
Fire Beetle

wow.. that really helped me.. thx
Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Semi-Legit doesn't necessarily mean you can summon items and whatnot, at least to us it doesn't.

What it means is that we have our own set of rules.

For example, our server is tuned to solo play and single group raiding. Experience is on a higher multiplier, and the starting gear is much better.

We also have uber items hidden all over the place, making our server like a great big "scavenger hunt" -- so it's fun to explore old haunts because you'll never know what you might find.

We use required level on most of the really uber items, because many are in low level places BUT our players find it fun to build their high end gear sets as they go, then when they hit the req. level, they can then start to hit the big targets with their friends (and in many cases, solo).
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 07-24-2007, 11:36 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halamafx View Post
Thats what im looking for.. The normal everquest grind for lvl's but i want the ability to summon items.. so basicly I can lvl up Twinks like i loved doing in Everquest. If anyone knows of a server like this let me know.. Might even warrent a couple donations to the server to keep it running if i like it ^_^
Check out Krushers, I hear it's really nice. As is Irreverent (not sure if he's offering #summon, but the solo content cannot be rivaled).
Old 07-26-2007, 05:08 AM
xulok
Fire Beetle

I've been having trouble finding the right balance between god mode and eyes bleeding mode. Here's what I have found so far:

Krushers (semi-god mode) - Good server to get your feet wet with, #zone, #setskillall and #summonitem is enabled by default so you can play around with those uber combinations you always wanted to in a very short amount of time. But alas, this got old quickly since there is really no hook (the novelty of grinding AAs on Fennin Ro wears off suprisingly fast). Soloing Lower Guk from 20-40 was cool, I admit--although AM still didn't drop SMR for me, my bad luck streak continues even after all these years.

Irreverant (solo tuned) - This is too much into the eyes bleeding side of the balance for me. Having no starter kit for the monk I rolled was really the dealbreaker for me, since the novelty of wielding a 4/30 club wears off faster than grinding on Fennin Ro (they do provide a gate charm, which I appreciated). If I had the time and desire to make it through till I could grab some decent gear from Dalnir this server would probably provide great longevity. I think a caster might fare better here since they solo well even when naked.

Jest 3 (easter egg central) - They have got it pretty close, since they start you out with decent gear. The xp mod isn't over done, there is a buffbot NPC that is easy to deal with and the randomly placed drops seem to keep you guessing (read: interested). The people I've talked to so far have been very kind. The server was rather empty though, I'd like to see more people. I am also unsure about how solo-unfriendly classes will fare since I am not certain what kind of tuning has been done.

These are just my personal opinions, and if you happen operate one of these servers, please don't take any of my observations personally.

Cheers!
X
Old 07-26-2007, 05:17 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Hey, just thought id kinda add on to what xulok said about Krusher's server since I'm a GM over there. Right now we got the xp set fairly high. Once we start rolling out a little bit more content to satisfy people (working on epic 2.5/3.0 quests at the moment) we'll be tuning it down a little bit more and also might be restricting some of the really really high end items that are summoned not sure on that bit yet. Check back every now and then on the server and see if we've added anything new.