Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:43 AM
endra
Sarnak

Default Corpses dissapear

First off I don't know why there are two tables, rules and variables. Which does the emu use to determine the xp modifier and such as they both refer to the same things? Also I have it set up to, but players don't leave corpses on my server. Could it be because I have the pvp flag on? only thing I can even guess at.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:50 AM
oghog
Sarnak

Check out this:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ka=ServerRules

Specifically noting:

Character::LeaveCorpses

Works on my server.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:54 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Endra, there is functionality in the database that goes back years before the current emulator. Anyone running an older version still needs that support. The best thing to consider is, what version of the Emu are you running and what is supported? The changelog.txt file spells that all out. Rules system is slowly replacing many of the old database-stored configurations. That happens to be one of them. But someone running some old code cannot be screwed out of altering their servers Exp modifier just because there is new binaries, eh?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 AM
endra
Sarnak

Default rte

So im guessing it uses the rules table to define the stuff and not the variables table? also I tried modifying the setting in game an out of game, the timer is set for 9 hours so... I don't know what is happening. Also getting that pet dupe glitch.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:51 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Guessing is bad. Reading is better. But no, the Emulator currently uses BOTH - rules and variables (and some hard-coded stuff still I am sure). Rules is relatively new (a year or so I think?) and things are moved from coded/DB settings to Rules as dev time permits. Plus, adding many new customizable options which make each emulator server unique.

Read the changelog.txt that is inside the source package (the one on the website is truncated)
Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 PM
endra
Sarnak

Default Other problem

Okay for what does it use which? The tables I mean. and also when I use
#rules setdb Character:ExpMultiplier 2.00 I refresh the db in navicat and it hasnt changed but it has for my client, it wont change the db. And Character:LeaveCorpses is set to true in the db.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:08 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

There very well could be a bug in the Rules system then. I'll see if I have time to try it on my system to see if it works or not.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:37 PM
endra
Sarnak

Default ?

Did you check? I don't know why the corpses wont stay. OMG lol I had the Character:ExpLoss setting at 100 thats why the corpses didnt stay. Sorry. thanks for helping.

Last edited by endra; 08-03-2007 at 12:41 AM..
Old 08-03-2007, 07:43 AM
endra
Sarnak

Default Sorry

Sorry for the double post but I changed deathxploss to below my character's level and I still don't lose exp when I die or leave a corpse. I just posted again because I figured no one would read my edit.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:54 AM
FirestormXL
Fire Beetle

I wonder if you could tell me where to find the Character:exploss 100 thing, for my little server does not leave corpses either. however everything else seems to check out.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Netvoid
Fire Beetle

I'm typically fairly good at this stuff but in this case it took me a while to get my crap together...

When I found the instructions on the rule_values table somehow I missed the fact that the rule_sets table is also required. I been running a server for a couple months now and just last week figured all this out and got corpses sticking.

Here are my settings from rule_sets and rule_values that finally got my corpses working correct.

Code:
INSERT INTO `rule_sets` (`ruleset_id`,`name`) VALUES 
 (1,'default');

INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`,`rule_name`,`rule_value`) VALUES 
 (1,'Zone:EnableShadowrest','1'),
 (1,'Zone:GraveyardTimeMS','1200000'),
 (1,'Character:MaxLevel','65'),
 (1,'Character:DeathExpLossLevel','6'),
 (1,'Character:LeaveCorpses','true'),
 (1,'Character:CorpseDecayTimeMS','10800000'),
 (1,'Character:LeaveNakedCorpses','true'),
 (1,'Character:ExpMultiplier','1.0'),
 (1,'Character:AutosaveIntervalS','300'),
 (1,'Guild:MaxMembers','2048'),
 (1,'Pets:AttackCommandRange','200'),
 (1,'GM:MinStatusToZoneAnywhere','0'),
 (1,'Combat:ClientBaseCritChance','0.0'),
 (1,'Spells:SpellAggroModifier','75'),
 (1,'Spells:BardSpellAggroMod','3'),
 (1,'Spells:PetSpellAggroMod','10'),
 (1,'Combat:BaseCritChance','0.00'),
 (1,'Combat:WarBerBaseCritChance','0.03'),
 (1,'Combat:BerserkBaseCritChance','0.06'),
 (1,'Combat:NPCBashKickLevel','6');
Having the ruleset_id = 1 and the ruleset defined in the rule_sets table was the fixer. The samples I installed had everything set to zero ruleset_id and nothing in the rule_sets table.

Hope this helps out.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM
FirestormXL
Fire Beetle

Like a charm it did, thank you for sharing your experience on the subject. (bows)