Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:28 AM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

Default Server help.

Ok Ive been reading on the forums and have been looking at other problems like mine.

Here is my problem.
I click my start.bat
Minilogin shows up and then i press any button.
World pops and and goes away instantly.

I know the reason. Its because there is an error
So i went to dos and ran. c:\eqemu\world.exe
and this poped up

Failed to open log file: logs/eqemu_debug_world_3516.log
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading server configuration..
Unable to load 'eqemu_config.xml': Failed to open file
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Loading server configuration failed.

Ive been looking around and can find nothing to help fix my problem.
So does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this. Or has anyone had the same problem that wouldnt mind throwing their input in and helping me fix mine?

Thx,
Fear
Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Do you have the "eqemu_config.xml" file in your EQEmu folder? The folder that all the server stuff is in?
Old 01-19-2008, 09:31 AM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

yeah

if you want to read it
here

this is my

eqemu_config.xml
FULL
1kb

--------------

<?xml version="1.0"> <server> <world> <shortname>Walrus</shortname> <longname>I am the Walrus</longname> <!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. --> <address>161.109.232.159</address> <localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress> <!-- Loginserver information. --> <loginserver> <host>161.109.232.159</host> <port>5999</port> <account></account> <password></password> </loginserver> <!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world --> <key>some long random string</key> <!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. --> <http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" /> </world> <!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. --> <database> <host>localhost</host> <port>3306</port> <username>root</username> <password>****</password> <db>peq</db> </database> </server>

dont know why it opens like this but it does.
lol

but there is that

it is located in my eqemu folder

here is the other one

eqemu_config
XML Document
1kb

------------

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>setme</shortname>
<longname>I Forgot To Edit My Config</longname>
</world>
</server>

Last edited by fearpb; 01-19-2008 at 05:34 PM..
Old 01-19-2008, 09:38 AM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

here is a screenshot of my folder

Old 01-19-2008, 10:10 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Take all the information from the file marked "FULL" and put it into the other config file. That should fix it.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:43 AM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

Ok I did that

and then i ran it and I got this

so i guess its working but i try to log in and it says invalid user name or password.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Inspiration
Fire Beetle

To get rid of the eqtime.cfg error create a file called "eqtime.cfg" put it in your EQEmu folder and put the following lines of text into it:

Code:
Where did you get your database from? If you downloaded the data base from PEQ there are some values you may need to put into it. You seem to have an items database error which means you will have no items if you do manage to get into your server as they are not loading. Also your dynamic zones are not correctly starting.

Using MySQL query browser check to see if 'launcher' has a line in it that has the value "zone" under name followed by a number like say "5" under dynamics (without quotes). If not then insert those values into 'launcher'.

Also check 'items' in the database. You should have about 62255 rows with no item id higher than about 99211. Sometimes items wont load on start up of the emulator if you have ids above 100,000. If you have a database with no custom items then no ids should be above 99211 currently I believe.

Thats a start, see how you go.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:26 PM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

ok

i went to zone
and the value was 6 so i changed it to 5

and when i tried to execute items i got this msg at the bottom of mysql

"Table 'peq.items' doesn't exist"

so
what now hah?
Old 01-19-2008, 06:28 PM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

here is a screenshot of it

Old 01-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Inspiration
Fire Beetle

Having the zone value as 6 is fine too, that number is how many dynamic zones it will create. If you are just playing by yourself or with a couple of friends on a lan then 5 or 6 dynamic zones is fine.

How did you create your PEQ database? Did you download the peq-ykesha-release file and source load_system.sql? If so it should have created 'items' and populated it with 62000+ rows. I suggest you recreate your database for starters.

Do you have anything in 'account' in your database? If not you need to set this up as well.

Code:
INSERT INTO account (name,STATUS, minilogin_ip) VALUES('LOGIN',250,'IP OF COMPUTER');
Replace LOGIN with the login name you want and IP OF COMPUTER with your IP which from your previous post was 161.109.232.159 (this assumes you will be playing from the computer the server is running on).

If you didnt find 'account' then you need to first source in load_empty_users.sql from the peq-ykesha-release download.

Also in 'variables' you should have a LoginType which should have the value Minilogin. If you have nothing in 'variables' run this:

Code:
INSERT INTO VARIABLES (varname, value, information) VALUES ('LoginType', 'Minilogin', 'Set this to Minilogin or Public :)');
Old 01-19-2008, 07:47 PM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

i did my database with PeQ
i used wincvs

just like it said in the guide

but i guess some things didnt work.

oh and i changed it to minilogin and i still cant log in
Old 01-19-2008, 08:38 PM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

Ok a quick update

I redid my whole database from scratch
I did everything again.
the world loads perfectly. Thanks for the help with that

Now I try to log in and i get a invalid user name or password

but here is my world if you want to take a look at it

Old 01-19-2008, 09:16 PM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

BREAKING NEWS

I got the server up and running.
BUT
I need to go out and buy me everquest titanium. because i cant find mine.
i was going to see if anything was updated for anniversary but i guess not lol.

damn
i wish there was just a good torrent out for eq titanium or a file somewhere on the net of it that i could just DL

oh well

Thank you to everyone that helped me.
I really appreciate it

Thank you,
Fear
Old 01-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Inspiration
Fire Beetle

Your dynamic zones still dont appear to be initializing properly which might be database related.

Also, you are still getting the items error which shouldnt prevent you from logging into your server but it does mean your world will contain no items (and that you havent created the database fully). When you used wincvs you would have downloaded a lot of *.sql files one of which was items.sql which is almost 40Mb in size. There should be 85 *.sql files in the peq_db folder if you downloaded them via wincvs. If you dont have all of these files sourced then your database will not function properly.

Im assuming you have Titanium installed and unpatched and that you are launching EQ using a shortcut to eqgame.exe and that you have changed your eqhost.txt to say

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=161.109.232.159:5999
What does your LoginServer.ini contain?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:21 AM
fearpb
Fire Beetle

Sorry I uploaded the wrong screenshot

here is the new one