Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:07 PM
decrew
Fire Beetle

Default Secrets of Faydwer support?

The current EQ producer announced that all future expansions of EQ will be compilation releases also, ala Titanium and Anniversary at the Fanfaire 2007. Anniversary Ed will be obsolete when all those packs will be replaced with the SoF packs by the end of this year. Will EQEmu be supporting SoF client too?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

The problem with this is, SOE poops out content so fast, no one has time to get into it and diagnose it to make the emulator compatible. That was called "chasing live". Secondly, Anniversary Edition is an available product, where SoF is not yet out. No one can start working on something that is not yet released. As for predicting the future, I would cynically say don't hold your breath. We've had Titanium support for over a year, and barely 2/3rds of the functionality is there. So much still doesn't work, and that was what... 4 expansions ago?

If we had more dev interest from the community to help the core devs, we could stay on top of things. However, we do not. So we take what we can get, and say thank you to the devs for their hard work and efforts.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Actually SoF is supported on my server along with TWoBW (The Watering of Burning Woods) expansion after that which will leave the one and only final expansion of TMoIC (The Melting of Ice Clad). Sony expects that by then the Moon of Luclin will have crashed and burned and we will all be living in EQII.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 03-02-2008, 06:19 AM
sithguy
Fire Beetle

Wait, what do you mean?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:33 AM
sithguy
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri View Post
Actually SoF is supported on my server...
What server is that and how do I connect to it?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Kambic
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by devn00b View Post
-
Unfortunately this community isn't exactly newbie friendly. Of course, I understand the reasons behind wanting every newcomer to read the wikki in its entirety and read every post ever made on the forums, but that method isn't exactly conducive to fresh blood =/ I lurk more than anything else just because it's so easy to get flamed here, and if you don't get flamed, ideas and questions go without reply, probably because of the environment created from the flaming problem.

Anyway, from the ground up this is a very elitist society, in my mind.

Last edited by Rogean; 04-03-2008 at 12:54 AM..
Old 03-05-2008, 05:06 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

when you get questions like this popping up twice a day
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...146#post144146

it is no surprise community is not newbee friendly...

the Emulator server is for ADVANCED PC USERS. Emu community is not a free "pc-101" class, and to be honest no ammount of "101" classes is suficient here - been able to rename a file does not make you an advance user.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Theeper
Discordant

I personally haven't seen anyone get flamed here that didn't deserve it. What's so hard about reading the instructions and doing a search before asking the same tired questions over and over ? I don't think I have seen a newb question posted in the last couple years that wasn't already answered many times over.

I disagree that the community isn't noob friendly. It's not tard friendly, but we certainly welcome new people here.

When you join and within 10 min your first post is "OMGZ, I just installed Trilogy and I can't connect, help me prz!!!!!11!1!1!" .. you will get flamed and you deserve it.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Praxian1978
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithguy View Post
What server is that and how do I connect to it?
Dude, check out his signature. ^.^
Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

A lot of people would like to say Devs dropped away or do not come here because of who's in charge now, and that's not true.
We have very few Devs and they are working hard, the source gets frequent updates - they just can only so much at one time, and I can't expect them to drop what they are doing for what I think is needed. We also have new stuff coming in all the time from from the forum coders. I really don't think we should have too many people in control of the final source entries, so what we have now, is working, and is fine.
I like to do work and contribute, rather than bitch and complain about everyone elses work, especially if I haven't done anything.
Most everything I've wanted here I got; either I did it myself and submitted it, or, since I cooperate in every possible way I can, the devs will hear me out and make reasonable fixes I ask for. But, I hardly ever ask them for anything is another reason why when I do ask, they listen.
If you start these forums with the same old questions that everyone asks because you were too lazy to look it up- then most likely you'll get either ignored or get an admin or mod mad at you.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:24 AM
mattmeck

I love how people say the forums and Devs are bad now, there was a time when asking a questions resulted in a pic of the tub woman (if you dont know your lucky) as your avatar, and an IP ban came. And that was from the developers.

There was a time when updates to the code were withheld because the devs were mad.

The only people banned from the forums in months were BOT advertisers, Updates come out on a regular basis, and flaming is kept to a minimum on these forums.

If you thing these forums are a flame fest or elitist, then you haven't surfed the net enough.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Kambic
Sarnak

I guess to some extent I just find it ironic, because there is a lot of misinformation or just plain old broken links. Take, for example, the main page of the site. Over on the right hand side you have a box labeled "For Players" with some links. You would think those would all be helpful, right? Well two of the three links are broken - most notably "Play Guide." It's been broken for months. Honestly, can we fix the link? Or at the very least delete it? The wiki has similar problems.

Anyway, the way the forums are doesn't really bother me, but I do consider them elitist. Yeah it is pretty easy to figure out that you have to have Titanium, but to act like every bit of information is at your fingertips isn't seeing the whole picture, in my mind. I guess I just expect wikis and guides to be more like a library than my junk drawer. That said, we work with what we've got *shrug*
Old 03-05-2008, 04:27 PM
mattmeck

Wish I could fix the site, only 3 people have access.. Doodman, FNW and Rogean.

The wiki is user run and always has been, anyone can fix that.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Besides the fact that this was an old topic brought up for a stupid reason there is also the fact now that it is way off topic. If you don't like the way the sites run....Go to another one, I think there is one called hackersquest or something like that , mabey you can find better help there.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 03-09-2008, 07:39 AM
sithguy
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri View Post
Besides the fact that this was an old topic brought up for a stupid reason...
Stupid Reason? I went on your website and I couldn't find anything about Secrets of Faydwer support.