Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:17 PM
ven-elexver
Banned

Default Still don't get it !!

i have copy of the Rules from Rule Set. i went into navicat set Rule_set to 1 name default when server starts it show that they was loaded once ingame i use the #rule list , then character i see LeaveCorpses i type in #rule setdb LeaveCorpses true, also tried #rule setdb LeaveCorpses 1, both say failed in Red should this happen until restart server? Or is it in the way I'm typing it in ?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:14 PM
ven-elexver
Banned

i have tried all i know to try and read all the posts i can find i don't have any lists under rule set i did add id 1 name default and like cave dude wrote the leavecorpse is default (leave no corpses i use navicat and cant find any rules in it to change i have the list on desk top i found in forums (copied and saved) also in game i have found the Gm rule set but when i try none work even with a mysql reset when typed in as in first post it says Failed looks like something is missing from my DB maybe I need a step by step guide for setting us the rule set not sure if i need to copy the list i have in to the DB or what if i have a Mysql Query to add would be lot easier .but as of right now looks like no one has the time to help with this issue . i have a post on the PEQ db forums and its going about the same as here . you would think cavedude would set leavecorpse to same as live not to leave no corpse as a default so we would not have to ask all this about rule sets . or make a step by step guide to setting this up . well if anyone gets time to go over this with me just leave a reply ill check back once a day i guess till i get a fix. due to server is pvp and with out a corpse its pointless .
Old 03-07-2008, 01:32 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

Did you try manually loading a couple rules into your sql database?>?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:44 PM
kiirdiir
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven-elexver View Post
i have copy of the Rules from Rule Set. i went into navicat set Rule_set to 1 name default when server starts it show that they was loaded once ingame i use the #rule list , then character i see LeaveCorpses i type in #rule setdb LeaveCorpses true, also tried #rule setdb LeaveCorpses 1, both say failed in Red should this happen until restart server? Or is it in the way I'm typing it in ?
It is not #rule; it is #rules. It is not LeaveCorpses; it is Character:LeaveCorpses.

#rules setdb Character:LeaveCorpses 0 or 1 (false / true) worked for me.

Type #rules and have a look at the syntax, or look at the rule_values table in your database.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:10 PM
ven-elexver
Banned

yea i use #rules and type it in the same i get failed to modify rule in red every time . in navicat under Rule_Values i have nothing shows one line ID 0 name null and values null ,In Rule_Set in navicat i have id 1 name default as per cavedude for setting
Old 03-07-2008, 05:30 PM
ven-elexver
Banned

Humm found the in game issue and its crazy . i was doing the same as you did in the above reply #Rules setdb Character:LeaveCorpses 1 but as you can see we both was wrong . lol the s in setdb must be cap Satdb the letter caps must be right or it will not change rules lol so i did #Rules Setdb Character:LeaveCorpses 1 and worked fine and makes me feel real dumb sorry guys haha.