Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Congdar
Developer

I tried messing with the bot positioning and all it got me was bouncing bots... the way it is now seems to be the least annoying
Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslamarch View Post
Yeah I tried that as well, Must be something else I'll just keep at it. I'm sure its something I'm Just missing thanks for the pointers though.

Target your bots one at a time and do #bot update
then zone and spawn them again and they should work
Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Arex
Hill Giant

Hey guys, i was asking me, why u dont use the 100 first positions of npc_types table for bots?? Then u havent problems when new mobs are added to database
Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

They are reserved by the client so we can't use them without causing problems. But, as I said there is no problem with IDs. PEQ will never ever use the IDs bots are given. Your going to have to drop and then resource your bots everytime you upgrade anyway, since the upgrade wipes the whole npc_types table away and loads it fresh.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

ok, thank you for the information cavedude.

In other point, i would like to know if it is posible remove "(BOT)" messagge that appear under name of bots, and the "000" that appear after bot's name in group windows.

any advancement in AI spell list?? It is only that my ench bots look so retarded... :P
Old 03-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Congdar
Developer

You can remove (Bot) by deleting 'Bot' from the lastname field in npc_types table. Something like:
Code:
UPDATE peq.npc_types SET lastname='' where isbot=1;
lastname is equal to two single quotes.

Can't do anything about the 000's
Old 03-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Trynix
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congdar View Post
I've merged the bots with build 1102. Have fun! Source and EXE's
Several crash fixes
Set bots to not aggro when set to "guard"
Caster bots will report they need to meditate
Are these files still available? When I try to download them I am being prompted for a username and password.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Thank you Congdar, it works nice. I also have edited the aspect of all my bots, it can to be util for community.

If u want change the appearance of a bot, u only must create a new character like usual, and use the appearance that u want that u bot have. And then log out and check "world output" and u get all information for change appearance to u bot, hairstyle, haircolour, beard, eyes, face, etc.

Then now u only must update npc_types table and update that fields for u bot.

It was very useful for me, because i was getting a dwarf with black hair and white beard, and it was really hurting to see it.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:54 AM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynix View Post
Are these files still available? When I try to download them I am being prompted for a username and password.

There was a router update, i'll look into the pw issue.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:24 AM
KateSilverleaf
Fire Beetle

Quote:
There was a router update, i'll look into the pw issue.
I don't think it's your router, I'm getting Access Control List (ACL) errors when accessing them files, however, I was able to download the BOT spell entries file just fine. I'm thinking it's the file permissions on the other two that are off and not allowing them to be downloaded.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSilverleaf View Post
I don't think it's your router, I'm getting Access Control List (ACL) errors when accessing them files, however, I was able to download the BOT spell entries file just fine. I'm thinking it's the file permissions on the other two that are off and not allowing them to be downloaded.
ok, try again. btw... i'll be posting some new zip files soon(couple of days). I rewrote (again) the group and raidgroup add/delete/death of bot/death of client stuff to hopefully remove some crash bugs.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Congdar, just want to say thanks for taking this on. I play on a private server and it wouldn't be near as much fun without the bots.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:33 PM
KateSilverleaf
Fire Beetle

Quote:
ok, try again. btw... i'll be posting some new zip files soon(couple of days). I rewrote (again) the group and raidgroup add/delete/death of bot/death of client stuff to hopefully remove some crash bugs.
I'm glad to hear your still working on it, however, I'm still not able to access it, still error 401 and it still ask for a user/pass.

Here is the exact error I'm getting:

You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Ashiar
Fire Beetle

Default Does anyone know why this is hapening to me?

Everything works fine the bots follow, they buff, they are created easily then they follow me around but when ever they get into combat Zone.exe crashes.
Its not allways immediate sometimes it happens straight away and sometimes after a minuite or two, sometimes i even get to kill a mob, but it ALLWAYS hapens when my bots are in combat.

I downloaded Eqoffline and did everything it says on Magoth's readme job as well as on Bots info on the Wiki, I searched the forums and i have reinstalled eq and my server nothing seems to work, the same thing is hapening all the time. I wish i knew what i was doing wrong.

:edit: P.s. I tried a group of of non melee classes (1 druid, 1 cleric, 1 enchanter, NO pets) and i never hd it crash once. This only seems to hapen when i have had a melee class in the group.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:23 AM
RCPD0715
Sarnak

I have discovered a HUGE exploit with bots....not sure if I should mention on here or not due to people's servers with bots will be exploited bad...any suggestions? I am sure I am not the only one that has discovered it but.....
Closed Thread