Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
rayman121985
Sarnak

Default Wildblue internet

Hey all,

I live out of no where and have wild blue sat. internet...I can get to the login screen and see all the server choices but it times out and sends me back to the login screen because I believe its my ping ect...is there a way I can make it wait and keep going before it knocks me back to the login screen? I want to play on servers but my wild blue is horrible =(...

any help or ideas on what to do?

THANKS...

::rayman::
Old 03-25-2008, 12:58 AM
Theeper
Discordant

Maybe try putting in a datarate.txt file and set the value to 3ish.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:27 AM
rayman121985
Sarnak

I don't know how to do that...I am a newb =) wish I did.

thanks tho.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I saw where my link I posted that explains the why of all these types of connections.
In a nutshell, your satellite connection is the fastest of all for downloading, but has the slowest "ping", which is what is needed for Eq. I think I had dumped that link/web page i had posted, I'll look for it when I get home and post if I can find.
What you are going to need is find a way get a faster ping from your connection. I found this that looked interesting;
http://www.softsland.com/cable.html
will try and find that other info later on.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Theeper
Discordant

Put a file called datarate.txt in your main EQ directory. Put one line of text in it .. it should be ...

.. nothing more. I have a friend that can 3 box over a cell phone just fine if he uses the datarate.txt file. Otherwise, he can barely play one account.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:58 AM
rayman121985
Sarnak

I'll try the datarate thing thx...I looked at your link angelox so many apps not sure which one to add!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Wizardanim
Sarnak

I also have Wild Blue satallite internet. Titanium dosent seem to come with the "DataRate.txt" file, so i created it. Tried every value from 3-9, and nothing worked connecting to PEQ with 50 people on the server.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:02 AM
rayman121985
Sarnak

Data rate didn't work for me either...I can't even connect to EQ2 emu test servers b/c of my internet connection...however I can connect to the EQ2 real servers...I wish there was something to fix this time out issue on eq! If any of yall figure out what I can do let me know...wished I lived where there was high speed...

Old 03-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Here's an update to that link I was talking about
http://cable-dsl.navasgroup.com/
Very interesting stuff, might help you understand so you might can correct your problem