Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

So wiz, a little oopsie about a server date upsets you, but not someone bashing your code and saying how illegal you are doesnt? I really wanted to see what you had to say about that. And "technically" Winter's Roar doesn't exist, since it came down and sod formed yata yata yata. "Don't get mad wiz, i have all sorts of 65 toons of your server 65+ w/ combine gear, i got love for ya"

So yeah Don't derail my thread guys.

Raid addicts is fun, Shards of Dalaya is crazy good as well, S2k is fantastic.

3 custom legit servers who have been around for a long time, and I suggest you guys try out each and every one and see which one fits you best, because you can get something out of each and every one.

Now no more e-pean about how old someone's server is, it doesn't matter, all that matters is that it's up now.

<3 Aone
Old 05-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Wiz
Dragon

I'm not upset at all, just correcting a factual error. What makes you think I'd be upset over a simple memory slip?

I fully agree that whether a server is 2, 3 or 6 years old says nothing about the quality of the server and which server is 'oldest' really doesn't amount to much.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:29 PM
KingMort
Banned

No I suppose it doesn't matter.. I never said my server was older than eqemu itself either... It is older than www.eqemulator.net however.. You may recall the split being that you have been around as long as me...

As I said the amount of years I have been doing this sure seem like 8, so I am sorry for the NUMBERS error that you folks are so fond of bashing...

And agree , every server has it's high points... WR aka SOD has their brilliant coders and custom stuff, My server has it's raid content, S2k well I'm not sure honestly I have never played there.. All of the server ops have busted ass too I am sure to make their servers what they are..

Sorry Aonelyn didn't mean for your post to turn into an "E-Peen" contest. I blame Mattmeck !

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 05-31-2008, 08:36 PM
Wiz
Dragon

I just meant that EQEmu hasn't actually been around for 8 years, not that you claimed it was older than EQEmu.

But really it's all settled at this point, memory can be a pretty inexact thing.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:46 PM
KingMort
Banned

Indeed ! I am just happy to have discovered the exact date of my servers birth.. I'm going to call it June 1, 2002 Just because I recall grinding trying to get the server to work for a week after those binarys release..

So that means Raid Addicts is about to celebrate it's 6 year.. Of course as Matt did point out it was not running for the entire 6 years.. But I have worked on it for 6 years.

And I hope to keep running for another 6 !! As long as I have the player base and those willing to help support the servers monster rental bill...

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 05-31-2008, 09:07 PM
KingMort
Banned

While we are at it

Here are some other fine servers, who have some real sharp devs

Jest
Vallon Zek PVP
Storm Haven
Edge Server
Nug Blazers

I'm sure I forgot a few, lots of talent out there in our community

plenty of good coders around and working hard toward a more perfected eqemu.. The community has never been so good IMO...

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 06-01-2008, 02:04 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonelyn View Post
Now no more e-pean about how old someone's server is, it doesn't matter, all that matters is that it's up now.
Was I the only one amused by Aonelyn's e-peen being "up"?

TessEQ has been up (and locked ) for 2 years straight - though I am not a dev, nor do much with it but reset it once in a while. I hope to be open someday, but life is just too busy lately. I just like the fact this code is stable enough to say it has stayed running for 2 years.