Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone:: Q&A

OpenZone:: Q&A Support forum for OpenZone help

Old 06-08-2008, 02:27 PM
quadroplex
Banned

Default New Custom zone source submissions

Ok this thread I made to help people submit their new zones, meshes textures, or models for the side project scorpious started for oz...

If you submit a new zone please include the scn file and any meshes and textures in the zone thanks!
Old 06-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

+++SUBMISSION+++

Here is the source to my Lelembeth zone:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1597705

It includes all the textures the zone needs, but not the creature model textures since exporting with OpenZone will automatically add those for you. The zone is currently set up for use with SimpleClient, but there's a readme in the .ZIP file that walks you through setting it up for the live client instead (it just involves changing some settings in OpenZone's zone properties window).
Old 06-08-2008, 03:18 PM
quadroplex
Banned

Wow awesome work WC! im making some basic zone examples right now to post as well nothing as fancy as yours or scorps but they should help people get the hang of basic zone design
Old 06-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

For the SimpleClient release I needed at least one full-featured zone that players could use. Lelembeth has a number of class guild houses, shops, places to hunt, etc. When you export it it will create an .SQL file with all the door info, and the SimpleClient DB has everything else the zone needs. Bear in mind, though, that the SimpleClient DB uses some models that ONLY work with SimpleClient, so only parts of it would be useful for a live client DB (such as merchant locations, but not what they're carrying or any mob models). Or you could just use the bare zone and populate the DB yourself, but using part of the SimpleClient DB might take a lot of the work away.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:06 PM
quadroplex
Banned

yeah I hear ya but its still awesome work
Old 06-08-2008, 04:17 PM
quadroplex
Banned

A very simple basic example of a desert with an oasis and a camp all the textures and meshes used are the ones available from scorps site he posted, and my mediafire archive

Basic Desert Example

Mediafire Mirror for OZ Resources OR

Scopious2k's OZ Resource site
Old 06-08-2008, 04:28 PM
quadroplex
Banned

oh and these zones that im posting are not meant for much more then to learn from as stated they are pretty basic
Old 06-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I don't know if it's useful, but another "zone" I can post is my equipment.scn file which has all the handheld items that SimpleClient uses. I don't know how they could be used with the live client, but if anyone wants it I can post it.

One thought I'm having is that as people submit stuff, does it make sense to edit the top post to list everything? Just a thought... Or maybe people should preface their post with something like +++SUBMISSION+++ so people know there's something good there?

I'm on IRC if anyone wants to chat about it.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:58 PM
quadroplex
Banned

that would be pretty sweet I think...

ATM im trying to figure out how to make some custom models ive seen them on a couple servers but have no idea how to add them myself
Old 06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
quadroplex
Banned

NEW Texture and mesh pack!!

over 1000 textures and 780 meshes!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a...9fb53c81b778f5