Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 06-16-2008, 04:33 AM
Kassan
Fire Beetle

Default Plane of Justice Execution Trial

Guys,

I am running a server locally and decided to get myself flagged up

I decided to do the Trail of Execution for Mavuin in the Plane of Justice.

I got my preflag from Mavuin and then went to the trial landing area (where you can select the trial you want to do).

All the tribunals would not talk to me apart from the Execution one (what had (Execution Trial) above his head. I completed the trial and looted my mark but when I returned to the trial landing area none of the Tribunals would speak to me about Mavuin. If I hailed the Execution Tribunal he just said that the trial was underway but I said the following phrases to him "what about Mavuin?", "What about the evidence for Mavuin?" but got no answer or flag from it. I also handed my mark to the tribinual but still no joy.

I looked in the quest folder to ensure that the quest was there and noticed I had a file called #Mavuin.pl and after reading the contents it looks like the script is running.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Hmmm. I actually just did this on my server. I did have some problems at first and did tweak the script a bit, but I removed my changes since it ended up being a problem with my database. It appeared that some of the quest globals weren't being set at all. But if you got the trial, you don't have the same issue as I had, because I couldn't even get the trial. You should be able to check the Tribunal script against your database flags to see what the problem is. Also check the quest logs, those will help.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Kassan
Fire Beetle

Cheers Andrew.

I am in the middle of sorting out a LAN server but will then try it again as it is a pain
Old 06-16-2008, 02:03 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

i completed this but it is a bit different than live. What you have to do is get the preflag from mauvin, then you head in and do the trail which you must do solo for some reason. Then you turn in the proof to the exe trial person and then finally go back to mauvin, that should work lemee know.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
EvoZak
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxarthurxx View Post
i completed this but it is a bit different than live. What you have to do is get the preflag from mauvin, then you head in and do the trail which you must do solo for some reason. Then you turn in the proof to the exe trial person and then finally go back to mauvin, that should work lemee know.
Solo the trial? You, sir, must have some pretty sweet gear. Unless those mobs have been seriously tweaked.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:40 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

on the server i was playing on (storm haven) ya we have crazy gear... pretty much the top of what the titanium database has to offer without going custom
Old 06-18-2008, 12:21 AM
AndMetal
Developer

I dealt with this issue on my server a few months back:

Quote:
the triabunal guys wont talk to people i also am having the same result with thelin in poj to start the hedge event i did the prequest for both yet wont talk
Quote:
The good news is I think I found the problem. It had to do with an issue in the database. Some more info on the issue can be found here.

So far, I have verified that the info is updating to the database, so now I just need to make sure there aren't any secondary issues
Quote:
Ok, it turns out there was a secondary issue. Basically, turn-ins weren't working properly (see this and this).

After rebooting the server, I verified that, when I turned in the Mark of Execution (ID # 31842), I got the flag from The Tribunal. I was also able to go back to Mavuin and get the flag from him to zone into the Plane of Storms & Plane of Valor. I also verified that I was able to zone into PoStorms.

So, everything looks to be working properly now
Hope this helps

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 07-12-2008, 01:32 PM
browsebot
Fire Beetle

I am having similar problems. Only the Tribunal running the Trial of Execution will speak to me, and even once I complete the Trial of Execution, the Tribunal won't accept the Mark, and won't respond to what I say about Mavuin and give me the flag. Tried hailing Mavuin again but he didn't respond either.

The seer in POK said I still have to give the Tribunal the Mark and hail Mavuin again.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:32 PM
browsebot
Fire Beetle

I got the Tribunal (Execution) to accept the marks and give me the flags for 5 of the trials, but the Tribunal would not accept the Mark of Suffocation for the Trial of Hanging and give me the character flag for some reason. Anyone know how to fix this?

Would also like to fix the other Tribunals at the trials staging area so they respond to hails and allow you to do the trials.