Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Default Zone server issue

I'm having a strange issue with zones lately... just started happening a couple days ago.

When a zone closes down as you're leaving it I get a windows error on the server screen, you know the one that asks if you want to send it to microsoft? Everything looks good in the logs, just that it's crashing as its closing and reopening. I'll dig through the logs some more to see what I can find, but I wondered if anyone else has seen this before. I might throw a fresh database on to see if its still doing it.

Thank you,
Old 07-29-2008, 12:41 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Doing some research on the forums I see this same issue mentioned quite often, but never really tied down.

Here are some of the things I see mentioned as causes.

1. unknown focus effect on an item.
2. player trying to access a zone they are not keyed for.

Both of those causes sort of lead me to believe it's impossible right now to host a semi-legit server... Or you at least need to remove item summoning and leveling. Has this ever been discussed?
Old 08-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Striat
Sarnak

zone crash can be caused by many things. For example, one I know of is that if an npc equips an item with a worn dmg shield, a crash occurs. To figure out the root of the problem, you probably need to run a debug on it. While you're at it, you may as well check out the install guide. So, go to http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...a=DevVSExpress. Isolating the problem can be tough. To use VS's debug, you'll have to open your current source files. Instead of compiling, attach debug process to zone.exe. Then, when it crashes, you *may* be able to isolate the issue.