Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default AX_CLASSIC Update

I posted everything Qadar and I have been doing database-wise, at the Rathe Forums. Biggest new thing we got going is the boat system - The Butcher > Oot > Freeport and back boat, works on a schedule (never in two zones at a time), and is ridable.
The only boat we could use that is not fall though, is what we used - problem with this boat is, it's too big for oot and fp - we added some custom piers to match, but really, what's needed is for someone to fix the SirensBane (and look-a-likes), or maybe make one with open zone?
The system works great, zones should be kept static (looks better when static), I'll later on post an explanation on how we did it (incase you don't understand the scripts).
Look for "ax_classic_full_3.1.tar.gz" posted at the Rathe Forums, or if you just want to ride the boat some, the Rathe Server us up and running at the public log gin.
We're open for more ideas and fixes to this boat system, so it will better fit the emulator-This can easily be ported over to the PEQ database, but i really need a smaller boat first.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Downloads Moved

I moved my downloads to my old stomping grounds
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/
You can get whatever I have new from there
Old 07-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I have posted custom source, windows executables, and database, for anyone who wants it. The executables and source contain everything Derision did and posted in these forums, will have the buff window fix in a day or two. The source/executables will work with any database, just called custom because there are some things that I included which still are not in the EqEmu source.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default AX_CLASSIC with Bots

I've pretty well merged Magoth78s Bots code into the latest source, have been doing that for a while now, hopefully can keep it merged. I keep all the updated files posted at my site.
I also did a few fixes and alterations to it, so it works well with my AX_CLASSIC database. You could use it for PEQ, but would have to make changes to the custom source. Mainly, in this source, it looks for a Bot spell set I'm working on, which is in the AX_CLASSIC database.
I'm still fixing things, have to play the game and see the problems, so I'm fixing as I play (life is rough). I'm mostly playing at home, with my LAN, so that's how it's all oriented. Also, Leara has it all up an running at the 'Legacy of the Rathe' Public server.
Also done other things like my on-going project to 'clean up the merchants lists' and the boat work.
My personal policy at EqEmu has always been to post every little bit of work I do for everyone to use as they please (regardless what it is), In hopes that others will do the same and at the end we have a better emulator.

The Bot work is not that much 'custom' stuff anymore, here's a quote from Sonys site, concerning expansion number 100000000 ;

Quote:
# Mercenaries - For the first time in EverQuest history, adventurers will be able to hire non-player characters (NPCs) called mercenaries to aid them in their heroic endeavors. They will be valuable player assets as they thwart the efforts of Discord's dark god. The level and ability of the will scale to the appropriate level and will think and act for themselves with limited player guidance. They are designed for extra support or extra muscle in PvE encounters.
I really think Sony Devs read this site and get ideas from things users do here.

I'm working alone, if anyone has fixes for this, or wants to make a PEQ version, I'll gladly keep it all posted for you.