Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Faza
Sarnak

Default handful of good questions

Hi all!

I say "good" questions because i searched the wiki and the forums and didn't find answers. Here goes:

-How do i make /ooc a serverwide channel, rather than just zonewide?

-How do i make the names of PCs the same color as NPCs, or vice versa?

-Related, how do i remove tutorial-type titles from NPCs, like "Weaposn" or "Monster Missions" or "Guildmaster" ?

-Is there a way to prevent respawn in a zone? Like if i want a zone to be conquered and nothing to spawn there, how do i do that?

Thanks all!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:48 AM
trevius
Developer

You don't need to change anything for /ooc to be server-wide, it is automatically set that way by default.

PC and NPC name colors cannot be changed as far as I know. They are probably set that way by the client depending on what the client sees you as. Though, if you use the /becomenpc command, your name will turn the same color as an NPC/Merchant. But, that command essentially makes you into an NPC, so it isn't something you would want to do regularly.

You can remove most of the "last names" from npcs by editing the last_name field. But, I think there are certain ones that are hard coded like bankers and GMs.

To prevent respawn, the only way I know of is to make the NPCs spawn via a quest script using the quest::spawn2 command. It can be done that way, but it is a little bit more tedious than the normal way of doing it.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Faza
Sarnak

Thanks, Trevius.

I didn't know /ooc was serverwide because i haven't had other players on my server. Oops!

It's a shame there's no cure for npc/pc names being different colors.

I feel like there has to be some way to remove the titles from NPCs, but i might try removing whatever they are -- make the banker not a banker, and hopefully he won't be "Banker" ... hmm.

About depopping a zone permanently ... what about an EVENT_ENTER that depopped a zone, that way it's only empty when someone's in it? Kind of like the way the little light in the refrigerator is only on when the door is open, because it doesn't matter when it's closed?
Otherwise i'll go and do it that way - thanks.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Faza
Sarnak

Hey, i found this:

quest::depopzone(1 or 0) - Depops every npc in the zone. 0 disables the NPCs' spawn timers so they will not repop on their own. 1 allows them to spawn as normal once their timers are up. This argument is required!

Yay!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Faza
Sarnak

it turns out #depopzone 1

does depop the zone, but does not prevent respawn...

did i misunderstand? should be a 0 in the argument?
Old 09-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Faza
Sarnak

also ... i noticed that sow would not take hold on others, though every other spell i could think of would

and that's with pvp on, off, level differences changed all around ... nothing would make it stick, despite other buffs working fine

what's that about?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:09 AM
trevius
Developer

If SoW isn't landing, it is probably because you are trying to cast it in an indoor zone. You can chose which zones you want to allow to have indoor buffs cast. Just check your zones table and find the cancastoutdoors field or whatever it is called and change it from 0 to 1 or visa versa.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Frothel
Fire Beetle

Also make sure you have /tgb on as that seems to affect it as well. I know I could not cast a proc on my pet unless I had this active.